Agricultural Vehicle Registration - any advantages ?

Catweazle

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i could be bold enough to give my opinion(speaking from recent experience), the hastle connected to ag tax, and if you are happier for the quad to be MOT'd, for the £65(or so) per year road tax i think i would forget the ag road tax!

That way you can go to the shops, the pub, even go for a sunday ride out on it, it wouldnt matter, and still use it for dragging timber and brash:thumbup1:

• 5 years later...

Does anyone know how to check if a quad is agri registered? I bought one onliine, swine has robbed me. Pics had a number plate on but when delivered no number plate on it and the guy is ignoring phone calls. Can I check if it's agri registered somehow with serial number ?

It therefore falls under category of limited use, therefore has the 1.6km limitation.

Game keeper easily get round this because they are just traveling short distance on road from field to field.

So unless you can stop off on a field and then travel on to next and so on to get to destination you need to trailer it to site.

Does anyone know how to check if a quad is agri registered? I bought one onliine, swine has robbed me. Pics had a number plate on but when delivered no number plate on it and the guy is ignoring phone calls. Can I check if it's agri registered somehow with serial number ?

If it is registered you should have got a V5 document with it, or if you have the reg. no from the advert pic you can check with the gov. website

https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

this old cookie of ag registration keeps popping up, and everyone comes up with the same, "my mate says, vosa says, joe blogs says", well its quite simple, go to the current version of the road traffic act and see what it says with regards to use of agricultural registered machines......THIS IS THE ONLY WORDING THAT APPLIES..... not what vosa, yur mate, or even pc plod thinks, and the only changes in the last 10 years are a speed increase for tractors to a whole 25mph, but only in england and wales, and a relaxation on the mgw of some of the previous sections. If you really need to find out get off your but and do the research, phoning vosa, or the dvla, will only get you the muppet at the other end of the phones opinion , NOT the actual law as it applies. there are NO grey areas in agri road rules, they have all been written down in black and white in the RTA, and very few ammendments have ever been made

THIS IS THE ONLY WORDING THAT APPLIES..... not what vosa, yur mate, or even pc plod thinks, and the only changes in the last 10 years are a speed increase for tractors to a whole 25mph, but only in england and wales, and a relaxation on the mgw of some of the previous sections. If you really need to find out get off your but and do the research, phoning vosa, or the dvla, will only get you the muppet at the other end of the phones opinion

So what's it say then?