Labour shortages

kevinjohnsonmbe

None taken eggs :001_smile:

I personally feel we short change the kids that are not the academic sort, many of these kids would be better off channeled into a trade at an early age long before they leave school. Perhaps identify them and get them into college learning practical skills rather than leave them festering in the education system where they become disruptive. The employment rules and regs also need a tweek to allow the younger ones into the construction industry earlier, this crap of being eighteen before being allowed on a site is nonsense, by eighteen most kids have got two years of hairbrained further education courses under their belt with the associated dossers mindset firmly in place.

Bob

:thumbup1:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T

This all makes a lot of sense, however certainly in this industry good employers paying a fair full time salary are often left by short sighted employees being offered unsustainably high wages and or cash wages for short term/ casual arrangements making it even more difficult for good, tax paying employers.

Can you tell us what a fair full time salary is?

Let's base this on a standard 40 hour working week.

I find in the majority of cases, poor grammar and spelling is a result of laziness, not poor education. There are exceptions, of course, but we are all taught a reasonable degree of English as part of our "Prussian education".

Just because a person is in the manual sector it does not mean that a degree of intelligence is not beneficial.

Feel free to ask for help if any of those words are too long for you.

My case of poor grammar and spelling is down to poor/lack of education, I was politely asked to leave school just before my 15th birthday.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other. I should have tried harder and so should the education system of the day.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell me that plenty of inner city kids of my age 'made good'.......... I was one of them, just not in the same way, and not academically.

My case of poor grammar and spelling is down to poor/lack of education, I was politely asked to leave school just before my 15th birthday.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other. I should have tried harder and so should the education system of the day.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell me that plenty of inner city kids of my age 'made good'.......... I was one of them, just not in the same way, and not academically.

Fair enough Eggs, yet you've somehow managed an articulate and coherent post despite not being an academic.

I left school before completing my exams, in favour of a manual career over further education. People mistake academic prowess being linked to intelligence all too often.

Go on then tell me how you can help me:sleep::sleep::sleep:, As for your "tough guy" bit if you cant take the heat keep out of the kitchen.

Only by pointing out that you meant "bored" instead of "board". One is a state of mental restlessness, the other is a piece of wood.

And if you can't have a conversation without resorting to personal comments, I'm done entertaining your Saturday night argument.

Fair enough Eggs, yet you've somehow managed an articulate and coherent post despite not being an academic.

I left school before completing my exams, in favour of a manual career over further education. People mistake academic prowess being linked to intelligence all too often.

The rare combination is good manual skills with intelligence. They are the ones who do well.

Spot on Joe you cant teach intelligence. I also know a couple of extremely wealthy property developers that can barely read or write. It has not stopped them becoming astute businessmen.

Bob