Show us your compact tractors!!:)

Big T

A PTO driven hydraulic splitter would work perfectly. I've supplied a few to fit on the small kubota compacts now. You can get a real good speed out of them on a PTO pack. Probably about 12 ton max though, partly for the weight on the linkage and also because you are limited on HP on the B7000 size.

Assuming you use it Jim, how do you avoid being assassinated by debris. Also the H&S palaver. Do you dress as the stig?

Got to agree front mounted hedgecutter is the way forward, my neck couldn't hack half a day looking over my shoulder.

Its got a big guard on the back of the cutting unit with a rubber mat bolted on it. That keeps pretty much everything down, though it can clog up a bit so you sometimes have to go over a couple of times like in the picture. Otherwise chainsaw type gear, though I've not been hit by anything yet.

Of course always keep the head so its facing down or away, no cutting the far side of the hedge!

I'd put a perspex or mesh guard on if I used it much, but in reality I've not had much time to do much more than dos about with it.

Hi Jim,

Would my tractor run one of those? What hydraulic couplings does it need?

Yes no worries! Runs entirely off the PTO. You do see some that want a flow and return hydraulic supply but you'll have atleast that anyway.

Need to get in a low gear, and I hope your clutch leg is strong if you are going around obstacles!