Piranha Chainsaw Chain - Press Release

Steve Bullman

Ya get what ya pay for stevie boy!... Stihl chain on a sugihara bar is the best you can get... Imo

I'll get some Stihl chain next then.... if they make any that fits my Husqvarna (way better than a Stihl) chainsaw. :laugh1:

cheers, steve

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used a brand new flat file today and it wouldn't even touch the rakers!!

It's going to have to be done with a grinder!

If the depth guides have been so high they've been running in contact with the bottom of the cut, they seem to become case hardened. A couple of strokes under hard pressure seems to remove it- but I know what you mean.

Had similar with customers saws where they've been ground in a hire shop and a round file wants to skate off.

Just my conclusion.

No need, my mum gives me medals all the time so I have plenty in my bedroom.:thumbup1:

I did mean to put a link up that would have made my post a bit less arsey :laugh1:

Rotatech B2SFT 72 Drive Links Chain - Northern ARB Supplies

Odd that they want £17 frothier site and yet take £12 if you buy the same through Ebay.

Mind you, given my last attempted purchase from them on Ebay I will now go back to my local dealer and get Oregon chains at a couple of quid more.

I detest poor sellers on Ebay, especially when they try to mess you about and tell you what they think you want to hear.

Not much wrong with the chains, but the sellers are not worth wasting time or money on

If the depth guides have been so high they've been running in contact with the bottom of the cut, they seem to become case hardened. A couple of strokes under hard pressure seems to remove it- but I know what you mean.

Had similar with customers saws where they've been ground in a hire shop and a round file wants to skate off.

Just my conclusion.

It was a brand new chain so rakers were at normal height, a real careful sharpen can get these chains cutting nice.... but it don't last long, any debris has a real bad effect on the teeth and there does seem to be a massive inconsistency in the metal for the teeth and rakers......

I'll stick with Oregon :)