Buy an echo!!

Logrover

Oh yes, even if it weighed a milligram heavier than a 550 it will be condemed for eternity in the ST hall of shame for lardy arsed saws...

But heaven forbid if it should bear the sign of satan in the form of an inboard clutch!

Sounds like a bloody brilliant mid range saw to me, wouldnt be surprised if it cuts like my 365 which is 70cc (also with inboard clutch & a lot heavier than a 550 but cuts great)

N

the 6100 was doomed from the factory it has a high B.M.I and that blasted devil's clutch :lol::lol:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 6100 was doomed from the factory it has a high B.M.I and that blasted devil's clutch :lol::lol:

So thats a Dolmar 420, an Echo 620sx & a Husky 390 on my wish list,

not sure how I will ever sneak them past 'finance'

& Devil's clutches all round!

N

water off a ducks back buddy i always say a saw will sell itself on its own merits :lol::lol: it looks like it could be the first big daddy vs giant haystacks thread sorry Echo Vs dolmar

:thumbup:

Zekes 6100 was lighter than my ol 036 so that's fine by me; that's progress unlike S&H bulking up with techno add-ons. There's 1% in it I reckon. Dol has phenomenal acceleration no doubt about it. Thinking about it the Dol might not have been sharpened as well as the 620; both were as new on 18s, on echo oil. Where one has a weakness the other has a strength but the balance of the 620 is out of this world. Phil got my old 600 - it's no 6100 but still a dream in the cut. The 620 will pump out saw chips like nobodys business - the clearance is sublime.

The echo (kioritz) engine is standard piston-ported; the dolly is a strato.

Neither have to be left in the shade to make sure they'll restart on a hot day.

Bit of echo fever going on here, I like it. Been running echo for 3 years and wouldn't change for anything. Have the 260tes, 280wes, 360tes and 620sx, all very strong saws although I am having a little problem with my 620 at the moment, seems to be spluttering a bit at the top end of the Rev range, I'm sure all it needs is a tune though just need to get it sent off

I'm defo moving over to echo now but would urge caution over the 360wes. I bought it without looking to much into it thinking it was just the back handled version but it's got a lot less power and I've twice had issues with the exhaust guard melting and even catching fire.

Doesn't put me off echo tho.