Joint Pain

Backpain

Thought I'd bring up the subject of joint pain as winter approached.

Actually I've been suffering with my knee which is unusual as its normally my back.

Seen the doctor twice with the same diagnosis both times as a sprained knee, although it felt more like I needed a knee replacement. Prescribed pain killers and physio, neither of which made any difference. Still can't walk!

Granny came round and prescribed Volterol (which she obviously has in abundance care of the NHS) which she gave me with the usual sympathetic smile.

Two days later all seems well, I can walk like a normal human. So the moral of the story is don't under estimate the power of Grannies, they know their stuff when it comes to joint pain.

I took Voltarol for my shoulder and it upset my stomach. The doctor prescribed me Ibuprofen and after a couple of weeks that did the same so I went back to putting up with the pain as the squits is no fun at all.

Take one ibuprofen which gives you the squirts and one cocodamol which makes you constipated result is pain free, high as a kite but your motions will be regular :biggrin:

I've been for a course of injections for my knees, very bad with arthritis, three sets of jabs on consecutive Fridays. First one, fine, second hurt like hell and gave me a reaction as though I had had anaesthetic, made me very woozy. When I went back for the third and final jab I mentioned the reaction that I had. The doctor stopped loading the syringe and wouldn't carry on ,said he couldn't be held responsible if I had an accident or bad turn. The result is that I am back to square one hobbling about and knees going off like pistol shots at every movement. I have got a couple of female customers,both hefty birds built like prop forwards, who told me before I went for the treatment that they had had excellent results and no problems after three years, that's why I finally went to the doctors. Seems to work for most people but not for me, don't know what the next stage will be apart from new knees but who can afford to have months off on the sick? As well as the dodgy knees, I fell down an old septic tank three years ago and broke three bones in my foot and that doesn't help matters.

I took Voltarol for my shoulder and it upset my stomach. The doctor prescribed me Ibuprofen and after a couple of weeks that did the same so I went back to putting up with the pain as the squits is no fun at all.

Hey, remember...

That...

Drugs are BAAAAAAD DUDE.....:001_cool:

And so are certain cleaning products if misused....

Ty