I'd forgotten about this

eggsarascal

Suffolk is more of a **** kicking county than I realised.......... Only been about here for 16 years, still an outsider.

They're trying to ease us into the idea of petrol pumps here in Suffolk. Until recently filling stations consisted of hay racks for the horses.

I caught Andyd1606 the other day trying to re-fuel his model T via the exhaust pipe!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ATTACH]191502[/ATTACH] business is going well Ive just upgraded from my trusty steed to this brand new arb truck 😜

Splashing the cash eh Andy? Always got to have the latest model haven't you! :sneaky2:

Had to take mine to the garage yesterday, not driving as smooth as usual. Tracking's slightly out they reckon??

download.jpg.b9c11a8093b6aa81ac1009d690fb2262.jpg

Back in the 1970s when I was a pimply youth I worked for a while at the last filling station with attended service in our area. What has stuck in my mind all this time was the fact that on wet days we had far more customers than we did on dry days - they came to us so we got wet, not them!

I can also remember the problems we had when the price of a gallon on petrol first exceeded 50p, because the pumps at the time only allowed a max per gallon of 50p. We had to set it to half the actual price and display a notice saying the displayed price woudl be doubled until the pumps were replaced.

I had a Triumph 2000 Mk 1 estate at the time and it cost just under a tenner to fill the tank then.