540xp oil tank.

Gray git

Well a good clean down and some jb weld splodges in and smoothed over on Wednesday night, left to harden over night.

Used it yesterday and today and so far seems to have held absolutely fine.

Managed to push a bit through the hole then flatten it out a bit at the back so hopefully that'll help seal and hold it in place.

Had the same happen on mine and because I filled it with jb weld husqvarna said it wouldn't be covered. My fixing skills aren't great but I folded a bit of tin to shape that I slid under the dogs to hold down and over the chemical metal to act as a guard over the top if that makes sense

Had the same happen on mine and because I filled it with jb weld husqvarna said it wouldn't be covered. My fixing skills aren't great but I folded a bit of tin to shape that I slid under the dogs to hold down and over the chemical metal to act as a guard over the top if that makes sense

Don't just accept that if the saw is not that old push them ,I had my oil tank replaced,it is a known fault as with several other faults on the 540 and the piercing of the oil tank caused by the chain coming off is not something I ve ever had happen on any other saw.

Don't just accept that if the saw is not that old push them ,I had my oil tank replaced,it is a known fault as with several other faults on the 540 and the piercing of the oil tank caused by the chain coming off is not something I ve ever had happen on any other saw.

I only brought it at the apf last year so wasn't best pleased when I saw the hole. I really thought I must of done something stupid for it too happen as I couldn't work out how it would then I noticed quite a few pictures of other people's. I emailed husqvarna directly and they were less than helpful so I just repaired it and decided I just won't buy another. its a shame about the build quality because the power in the cut is spot on