Woodburner with oven?

forestgough

Probably all its worth for scrap.

One sold on eBay recently for £1350 .... description said: "The baffle place could do with replacing (if you want to) and one side heat brick which is split in half. There is nothing else wrong with this burner, it served us well and kept us warm in minus degrees weather and is a lovely big burner and cooker. I've had one guy send me a list of what needs replacing with a price and he hasn't even seen it??? Its a big old 5 yr old burner that will last forever no doubt."

So is worth chucking on ebay if you are fed up with it.

....or I'm happy to give you £50 and a chocolate croissant. :thumbup:

cheers, steve

One sold on eBay recently for £1350 .... description said: "The baffle place could do with replacing (if you want to) and one side heat brick which is split in half. There is nothing else wrong with this burner, it served us well and kept us warm in minus degrees weather and is a lovely big burner and cooker. I've had one guy send me a list of what needs replacing with a price and he hasn't even seen it??? Its a big old 5 yr old burner that will last forever no doubt."

So is worth chucking on ebay if you are fed up with it.

....or I'm happy to give you £50 and a chocolate croissant. :thumbup:

cheers, steve

Need to save up for the Lohberger before I can part with the Esse.

Yes the stupid designers created efficient airways just forgot that over time they would clog up with soot and need cleaning but with no means of access hence the creation of little sticks with bath chain dangling from it and hoover pipes with lengths of 15mm water pipe taped to them.

Yes Ive had to 'invent' ways to clean the Esse! Bits of hose gaffa taped to vacuum tube etc.. but it does cook well, I enjoy cooking on it, but we have persevered for 8 years with poorly designed firebox doors that fall to bits amongst other problems- maybe Esse have sorted that out now. Heats enough water for 2 of us, any more in house and we have to light another wood burner.

Yes Ive had to 'invent' ways to clean the Esse! Bits of hose gaffa taped to vacuum tube etc.. but it does cook well, I enjoy cooking on it, but we have persevered for 8 years with poorly designed firebox doors that fall to bits amongst other problems- maybe Esse have sorted that out now. Heats enough water for 2 of us, any more in house and we have to light another wood burner.

That's what it can do but it was sold as more than that. When you hook it up to central heating it kills the cooking ability and doesn't really do the central heating. It's not a bad machine really but I feel I need to totally re-design my system so that it's only doing cooking and DHW. It can't heat a house. I was assured it could.

• Like 1

That's what it can do but it was sold as more than that. When you hook it up to central heating it kills the cooking ability and doesn't really do the central heating. It's not a bad machine really but I feel I need to totally re-design my system so that it's only doing cooking and DHW. It can't heat a house. I was assured it could.

Thats what we had to do. Originally linked into a new central heating system but had to amend to DHW only and bought a Dunsley Yorkshire to run the central heating which it does well.

Ebay Germany always looks like a likely place to stalk woodfired ovens (the word 'holzherd' (wood oven) works well). The Germans and Italians seem to make them as a lighter weight appliance than we look for over here, but perhaps they are being realistic and look to replace them every 20 years when they update the kitchen?

Wamsler, La Nordica, Sovrana all seem to crop up as manufacturers quite regularly. No personal experience of any of them, but I'm sure that they'd be happy to send one over to the UK if the dealers here aren't obliging?

holzherd | eBay

EDIT: the link seems to drop straight back into ebay UK. Go to ebay.de and put holzherd in the search box..... W

• Like 1

Thats what we had to do. Originally linked into a new central heating system but had to amend to DHW only and bought a Dunsley Yorkshire to run the central heating which it does well.

I've got a 200l thermal store which can also take solar thermal so I'm thinking this can be DHW and towel rails, powered by solar and the Esse and maybe I'll look at hooking up the underfloor heating to ground source heat at some point as we own all the land in front of us. Some good battery tech coming out now so it may be possible to power the ground source pump solely from PV with a battery for night time.