husky v stihl on raw power only!

Mark_Skyland

The Huskys usually wins with comparable saws, as they have better top end performance and are more "trigger happy" (responsive). The only exception I know of is the MS361.

If low end torque counts, you really are using a too small saw for the task at hand, and cutting will not be fast anyway. More important is the torque backup right below max power rpm - but that is never in the specs...

Edited by SawTroll

• 5 months later...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a subby. I have used a fair few. I have a selection that I have chosen over the years to buy myself.

T540 vs T201 on 12" t540 wins hands down, except on a new 201tcm. That's a good saw. But nothing touches my 200t 14". I have 2 200t and a year old t540.

I have both a 550xpg and 560xpg. Both are much more powerful than the stihl equivalents. I have used several of both.

It wasn't on the list but I own and keep my ms460 running. Best saw I have ever owned and used. Fullstop.

I am buying a 395xp in may as I prefer the response and power. I also find it clears sawdust more efficiently.

880wins over a 3120.

Want an 090.

I reckon the Husky 550 is better than everything. It's much lighter than the bigger saws and much faster in the cut than the little saws.

If will chop into any diameter tree - (okay, the really big trees may still be standing but it will still cut bits of wood out of it).

I find keeping the chain sharp helps a bit.

The only thing I don't like about the 550 is that it's not very good at cutting stone.

cheers, steve

I reckon the Husky 550 is better than everything. It's much lighter than the bigger saws and much faster in the cut than the little saws.

If will chop into any diameter tree - (okay, the really big trees may still be standing but it will still cut bits of wood out of it).

I find keeping the chain sharp helps a bit.

The only thing I don't like about the 550 is that it's not very good at cutting stone.

cheers, steve

Agreed the 550 is (with a good chain) utter perfection.

With the exception of the T540 576 I have used or own all of these saws.

My thoughts are The 201t is no better than a good 200t, especially a ported one.

The 550 is MILES better than the 261 which is an awful saw, feels soft and floppy in the hand and ours has spent most of its life broken, we fix it and then it breaks again. Its currently broken. The 550 is however no better the the 346 or my ported 254 IMO, both of our 550's have had software problems and had to go in to be re-programmed.

The 560 is also way better than the 362, we have 2 362's and a 560 one of my guys also has his own 560, there is no comparison in performance, The 362's are not a bad saw, about on a par with the Dolmar 6100 although I think I prefer the dolly, they have not been particularly reliable, both are currently broken, but so is the 560, (chain brake band).

The 441 is not a bad saw but I prefer the 372, not much between them though.

The 395 is a nice saw but so is the 660, I had a 385 which I loved dearly, but it was stolen, it was the most reliable saw I have had. I replaced it with a 390 which is pretty good, I have a 660 also which is nice, I think the 660 is hard to beat in the 90+cc category.

I have used both the 3120 and the 880, I'm not that keen on either, (too heavy) and there's not many trees in the uk that can't be dealt with with a 660. Between the two however I'd take the 880....