What would you look for in a groundie?

Stoatally

so what's a good rate for a day for someone with very little experience and, say C30/31 as the only ticket?

Surely one day voluntary as a trial to show ability? Although there was someone on here looking for a day dragging brash etc offering £70 with no tickets.

In a word, no. As long as you actually do work, your work has a value to whoever is employing you.Depending on where you are, about £60 to £80, more with experience. What you could do is offer to work for £50 minimum, or what you ask for if they reckon you are worth it. If you do what you reckon is a good day and they only give you the £50, you know that either you aren't worth what you think or they are a pee taker that you don't want to work for. Either way, at least you haven't worked a day for nothing.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what's a good rate for a day for someone with very little experience and, say C30/31 as the only ticket?

Surely one day voluntary as a trial to show ability? Although there was someone on here looking for a day dragging brash etc offering £70 with no tickets.

Are you talking about subbing or on the books?

Surely one day voluntary as a trial to show ability? .

Definitely not

By offering it for free you devalue the entire system.

You don't fill a potential opening with someone who will do it for free, you fill it with the best candidate, you simply have to make yourself the best candidate.

If you are going to volunteer your time to get experience, do it with BTCV or some organisation of that type.

No. I want to go back to not having to earn £x per month or take holiday from a full time job to gain experience time. Or having to persuade someone that I'm worth employing at 40 with limited experience.

I'm going to get there it's just really hard to make the leap

No. I want to go back to not having to earn £x per month or take holiday from a full time job to gain experience time. Or having to persuade someone that I'm worth employing at 40 with limited experience.

I'm going to get there it's just really hard to make the leap

If you are the bloke I am thinking of, your big selling point is your experience with machinery fitting.:001_smile:

Its a long while ago but i think i did a good few days for free when i went on a weeks trial years ago, dont see what was wrong with that.

Too many prices being thrown round on this site leading to people being money grabbers and wanting a onner a day straight out of college because ive got my tickets you know ;)

Somebody has to be really poor to not be worth £50 a day. If someone was that bad you would be happy to give them £50 as long as they don't come back. To use someone for the day and pay nothing is very poor. How would local tree surgeons feel about doing a free day around my place before I ask for a quote.

Somebody has to be really poor to not be worth £50 a day. If someone was that bad you would be happy to give them £50 as long as they don't come back. To use someone for the day and pay nothing is very poor. How would local tree surgeons feel about doing a free day around my place before I ask for a quote.

Nail on head.