Synthetic Winch rope on my Defender 130 winch.

GJT

The line on the rb has had some serious abuse and lived up to it fine, a little fluffy now but never snapped despite dragging some ridiculous loades. Worth looking up some you tube video's on how to splice it back together incase you ever do snap it as it's really easy to do.

Here is mine doing what it does quite a while back now but still good but going to replace soon as I recon I could get nearly 200ft on the drum no problem and quite often could do with it!

The line on the rb has had some serious abuse and lived up to it fine, a little fluffy now but never snapped despite dragging some ridiculous loades. Worth looking up some you tube video's on how to splice it back together incase you ever do snap it as it's really easy to do.

Here is mine doing what it does quite a while back now but still good but going to replace soon as I recon I could get nearly 200ft on the drum no problem and quite often could do with it!

Hi john great work I love the ground anchors mate thanks Jon

I switched from cable to rope on a front mount winch. Advantage is its nice on the hands (no more barbs to get you!), it floats if you recover from water a lot and doesn't get damaged on spooling back in (despite being as careful as possible with steel cable). The downside was I found it was hard to pull out by hand. It would often bite against itself and need a huge amount of yanking or reversing the vehicle to get out. Not good in a recovery situation.

Still in two minds about which I prefer.

if your going to use it for winching, speak to clarks and get the proper stuff, the blue dynema doesnt like getting hot, or being dragged through dirt or over anything sharp or abrasive, its great for vehicle recovery or the winch challenge stuff, but not for timber work

Little tip to stop it binding into itself is after you have done 1wrap along the whole drum do a quick left to right and back again, that normally stops it digging in so much.

Still find it catches though if you have had to wind in under load, but at least when you come to use it each time it's ready to go if you set it up after last use.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

http://Www.colwoodlandcare.co.uk