Corbyn Elected

matelot

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't you think it even weirder for such a publicly principled individual to spectacularly U-turn so soon after taking office and making such a public display of his principles?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34263447

He didn't sing a song, now, to keep everyone happy, he will!

Headline news....as you'd say yourself Kev....yawn!

Wouldn't you think it even weirder for such a publicly principled individual to spectacularly U-turn so soon after taking office and making such a public display of his principles?

Jeremy Corbyn 'will sing national anthem in future' - BBC News

Yes, I think it is unfortunate that he has been 'whipped' into line by his party. The parliamentary Labour party is not yet ready to engage with a guy who genuinely wants to change the cloying status quo.

Well it would seem that he intends to take a collectivist approach instaed of an individualist one. I guess that would make it pretty uncomfortable for the Torys's, its not what they do.

Yeah, I bet the Tories are "quaking in their boots" thinking about dealing with Corbyn.

Lol, it's like having the captain of the football team you're playing being determined to score own goals....

Yeah, I bet the Tories are "quaking in their boots" thinking about dealing with Corbyn.

Lol, it's like having the captain of the football team you're playing being determined to score own goals....

I don't think Corbyn's team is going to have a 'captain'. He's going to be a part of a team more than a 'leader'. It could be a clever strategy as the Tory press will simply want to destroy any Labour leader through personal attacks. If Corbyn refuses to play that game then language such as 'quaking in their boots' and analogys such as the one you use won't be applicable, interesting.

He didn't sing a song, now, to keep everyone happy, he will!

Headline news....as you'd say yourself Kev....yawn!

Or to put it another way, looking just slightly beyond the obvious.....

Here we have a demonstration of an individual (in this case, the leader of Her Majesty's opposition) who has long standing, deeply engrained, personally held and publicly stated fundamental issues of conscience which can be U-turned on a sixpence under pressure from party or public. And so soon after taking office, one could call it the first time any pressure has been exerted, over something that could be considered trivial, and look at the result. Doesn't bode well but we'll have to wait and see....

I wonder if that could cause problems in any other areas of international relations, diplomacy, domestic policy?

Or to put it another way, looking just slightly beyond the obvious.....

Here we have a demonstration of an individual (in this case, the leader of Her Majesty's opposition) who has long standing, deeply engrained, personally held and publicly stated fundamental issues of conscience which can be U-turned on a sixpence under pressure from party or public. And so soon after taking office, one could call it the first time any pressure has been exerted, over something that could be considered trivial, and look at the result. Doesn't bode well but we'll have to wait and see....

I wonder if that could cause problems in any other areas of international relations, diplomacy, domestic policy?

Do you really think not singing along was because of a deeply engrained fundamental personal issue?

If I were him, I'd probably be worn out after the first few days in a stressful job, so would take any opportunity to zone out in my own thoughts when some music was playing. Is that not allowed?

I have never heard such criticism about the England football team who don't tend to sing up much at the beginning of matches. :confused1:

Do you really think not singing along was because of a deeply engrained fundamental personal issue?

If I were him, I'd probably be worn out after the first few days in a stressful job, so would take any opportunity to zone out in my own thoughts when some music was playing. Is that not allowed?

I have never heard such criticism about the England football team who don't tend to sing up much at the beginning of matches. :confused1:

Yes, absolutely, and by his own publicly stated republican sentiment.

After 1 weekend and ½ a week in the job, worn out? Perhaps a short tenure in office then?

Time and a place for "zoning out", inability to identify when and where is a fundamental shortcoming in a public figure with potential national / international influence.

Football - IMHO, a complete irrelevance.

World politics - slightly more significant.