Corbyn Elected

matelot

Yes. But what about the people that don't earn enough to spunk?, millions of them in the UK.

Let's feck them, hey?

I'll be glad to get out of the rat race next year and leave the selfish to it. Just my point of view!

I agree with you.

However let's face it Labour no longer look after the traditional working classes. I can't think of another time in history when a political party has so thoroughly stabbed their core electorate in the back.

UKIP are now the party of the working classes.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am led to believe that all the funded grant-able work agreed up until 2018 is safe and will go ahead, whether government funds are going to available post brexit is debatable. I would imagine purse strings will be tightened and the industry will just die on its arse.

Bob

Many on this forum are employed directly in this type of work, I dont agree with it but if its granted its normally only a percentage and if the grants were not there the work would not get done = more jobs gone.

Bob

giving billions for people to sit in their arse is fine is it?

At the risk of getting too channeled on a single topic at the expense of the broader subject, they are pretty lame justifications guys.....

Clearing upland areas of vegetation (a state subsidised activity) is a directly attributable contributory factor to lowland flash flooding which in turn results in greater centralised expenditure on flood defences / mitigation. Burning grouse moors is neither historically nor ecologically justified, paying the land owner from tax revenue whilst, as was pointed out earlier in the thread, there are some who don't know where the next pair of kids shoes are coming from, any amount of money to do it, rather than fining them for doing it, is perverse in the extreme. I can't see how that could be interpreted in any other way by a sane man?

Reforestation of current barren shooting grounds, as an example, might mitigate future rainwater run-off and soil erosion, would likely provide greater and higher levels of diverse, enduring and long term employment and a cash crop of timber to contribute towards GDP..... Whilst still, potentially, providing all of the hunting / shooting benefits (mindful that I am DSC1 and SGL holder) albeit perhaps not suited to the mega rich daft bustard who wants to pay 1000's to stand in line and have dozy birds driven towards his gun, and probably still fail to bag them.

Richard, you know well enough from our previous heated but well intentioned exchanges that I have no sympathy for the feckless or ne'er-do-well! You appeared to be blatantly offering a blame-shift there without commenting on the topic at hand!

Erm, cough, cough,

Wot about ussens, that worked, paid PAYE, saved, paid taxes on that, kept ourselves insured, taxed again.

etc etc

Then bought property, and paid stamp duty on that forby.

Hardly "free" was it, the property we bought, incl farmland.

Sounds handsome. how much did you pay for your house, and what were you being paid at the time you bought it?

At the risk of getting too channeled on a single topic at the expense of the broader subject, they are pretty lame justifications guys.....

Clearing upland areas of vegetation (a state subsidised activity) is a directly attributable contributory factor to lowland flash flooding which in turn results in greater centralised expenditure on flood defences / mitigation. Burning grouse moors is neither historically nor ecologically justified, paying the land owner from tax revenue whilst, as was pointed out earlier in the thread, there are some who don't know where the next pair of kids shoes are coming from, any amount of money to do it, rather than fining them for doing it, is perverse in the extreme. I can't see how that could be interpreted in any other way by a sane man?

You can have that one Kevin, I know nothing about grouse moors or flood defences . ( I might be back though :) )

Reforestation of current barren shooting grounds, as an example, might mitigate future rainwater run-off and soil erosion, would likely provide greater and higher levels of diverse, enduring and long term employment and a cash crop of timber to contribute towards GDP..... Whilst still, potentially, providing all of the hunting / shooting benefits (mindful that I am DSC1 and SGL holder) albeit perhaps not suited to the mega rich daft bustard who wants to pay 1000's to stand in line and have dozy birds driven towards his gun, and probably still fail to bag them.

Barren shooting grounds? kinell Kevin we dont have any of those around here, all harvested sites are mulched and replanted. Any of the racks we cut through scrub to assist beaters are paid for by the shoot and not government coffers, its just another industry and probably best left alone.

Bob

You can have that one Kevin, I know nothing about grouse moors or flood defences . ( I might be back though :) )

Barren shooting grounds? kinell Kevin we dont have any of those around here, all harvested sites are mulched and replanted. Any of the racks we cut through scrub to assist beaters are paid for by the shoot and not government coffers, its just another industry and probably best left alone.

Bob

I know, I can go off on one sometimes.....

No expectation that it'll change anything but it helps to get it off the chest sometimes!!

It could have been written by a pollertishun Kevin :)

Bob

Bob

No expectation that it'll change anything but it helps to get it off the chest sometimes!!

Can I go off on one if you can?

I've never thought about going off on one before.

Bob

A lot of these grants are on top of area payments, thousands of acres with virtually no stock on it .

I have close family that farm these moors , one of them in particular has received hundreds of thousands in stewardship payments under a 10 year scheme for rebuilding walls that they have neglected down the years, it doesn't sit well with me.

Richard, you know well enough from our previous heated but well intentioned exchanges that I have no sympathy for the feckless or ne'er-do-well! You appeared to be blatantly offering a blame-shift there without commenting on the topic at hand!

What was the topic..........😁

Fair enough. I think my point is that there is government money going everywhere in subsidies and who is to say which area is worthy? Farmers, fishermen, land owners, military, poor people lazy basterds the list goes on and on!!