Corbyn Elected

matelot

Coming from people I would hazard a guess to say they have never ventured out of there reality bubble... one Owns a farm the other a Machinary empire! There are Arbtalkers who use public library computers , the average third world African has a mobile phone that has nothing to do with poverty.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statistics, statistics and dammned lies, have a lot to answer for.

There is no poverty in this country except that which people inflict on themselves AND their children.

If people no longer cook, which they dont, but rely on fast food outlets, & witness the no of them about, supply and demand 'n all that, and spend serious money on lottery tickets(witnessed in our local shop), they may plead poverty, but not sorry, this is not real poverty.

Never mind the fags and booze.

Never mind the perfectly good usable items of household and especially kitchen and electronic equipment dumped at our local Civic Amenity site, to be replaced by sommat shiney and new, for no good reason.

The true poverty in this country is in the rise of post war career politicans who pander to the mostly feckless, who "want it all, & now".

Instead of offering true "tough love" leadership.

Marcus

I see elements of great truth in what you say.

Several of our local butchers give away offal because it's cheaper than paying food waste collection. Nobody wants it because it doesn't come in a polythene tray with cling film on top from Tesco and they wouldn't know what to do with it if they did get it.

The preference is for crap processed junk, with all its chems, preservatives, flavouring & artificial colouring because its "easy!"

Coming from people I would hazard a guess to say they have never ventured out of there reality bubble... one Owns a farm the other a Machinary empire! There are Arbtalkers who use public library computers , the average third world African has a mobile phone that has nothing to do with poverty.

Sounds about right to me.

If they were stripped back to nothing and had to start agian on £8/hour on a zero hours contract they wouldn't have a clue what to do.

No farm, no business premises, just a rented flat and a car that's fifteen years old.

Can anyone tell me how one saves £25k (minimum) for a deposit on a mortgage in this situation?

Don't think this isn't happening.

My Niece and her husband both work, she runs her own business he works in insurance, they would never have been able to afford their own place if it wasn't for my brother helping out in a major way. Sad but true.

I see elements of great truth in what you say.

Several of our local butchers give away offal because it's cheaper than paying food waste collection. Nobody wants it because it doesn't come in a polythene tray with cling film on top from Tesco and they wouldn't know what to do with it if they did get it.

The preference is for crap processed junk, with all its chems, preservatives, flavouring & artificial colouring because its "easy!"

That's very nice of your local butcher , is it in a nice country village with nice country people ? Or is it in some shite housing estate where possibly no one ever learnt to cook because there parents where to busy in there local pub spending there dole money and drowning there sorrows from being laid off and not finding any work or trying to escape there horrible reality shooting up smack and smoking crack to show them how too?? Get your heads out yer arses we have created a Shite society that benefits no one apart from those who already have money and protects them in a nice little bubble branding any one who does not fit in as lazy and work shy... new labour was the biggest skid stain on politics ever at least Corbin who I do not agree with on many principles is trying to do some thing about society before it becomes completely f Ed

Are you crossing boundaries there though Eggs?

If we're defying poverty as not being able to afford the deposit for a mortgage there is something desperately wrong in paradise!

Christ there's people out there who can't afford to put shoes on there Childrens feet let alone pay the rent ... a mortgage is just some far away fantasy!! Why are people refusing to even accept that?

I want to write something profound & thoughtful Matty, but I'm limited to IPhone keyboard with limited signal in scenic valley of the beautiful coastal village of Polperro, whilst waiting for my big breakfast before going to the nearby art gallery to quote for some veg clearance, tree surveying and reductions. How fcking Bourgeoisie is that?

I hold dear the original values of the welfare state, am frustrated by the exponential and continued rise in dependency culture and " it's all someone else's fault" which simply deprives those in true "need" of the resources to get them up and running.

My "bubble" by the way, started off as a sht sandwich which I had to eat my way through before getting to the ice cream!

I want to write something profound & thoughtful Matty, but I'm limited to IPhone keyboard with limited signal in scenic valley of the beautiful coastal village of Polperro, whilst waiting for my big breakfast before going to the nearby art gallery to quote for some veg clearance, tree surveying and reductions. How fcking Bourgeoisie is that?

I hold dear the original values of the welfare state, am frustrated by the exponential and continued rise in dependency culture and " it's all someone else's fault" which simply deprives those in true "need" of the resources to get them up and running.

My "bubble" by the way, started off as a sht sandwich which I had to eat my way through before getting to the ice cream!

Can you see how the dependency culture is inflicted on some people?

They don't get paid enough by companies that announce multi million pounds profit at the end of each year. Thus WE pay the shortfall through our tax. Thats right we pay people to work for other companies!

Until people get their heads around the fact that WE are making up the difference we are on a hiding to nothing.

I also hold the welfare state in high regard (even though Mrs Egg and I have never used it), well I did get a free room on occasions, wether I wanted it or not. No child allowance, no free hours at the child nursery, nothing. I'm still quite happy to Pay in but it riles me that I'm paying because big business won't, not can't.

They don't get paid enough by companies that announce multi million pounds profit at the end of each year. Thus WE pay the shortfall through our tax. Thats right we pay people to work for other companies!

Until people get their heads around the fact that WE are making up the difference we are on a hiding to nothing.

I also hold the welfare state in high regard (even though Mrs Egg and I have never used it), well I did get a free room on occasions, wether I wanted it or not. No child allowance, no free hours at the child nursery, nothing. I'm still quite happy to Pay in but it riles me that I'm paying because big business won't, not can't.

For sure,..and at the same time keeping the "ordinary " people where they rightly belong.

There has been an increase in entitlement issues down the years, and the biggest culprits are those that already had it in the first place,.not those at the bottom of the list,..think its commonly known as greed.

If big business did not make big money it would not be there at all.

Then we would have to pay out more.

You have invested in stuff for your work and want (I assume) a return on that investment.

It's the same for these big companies just on a much larger scale.