Corbyn Elected

matelot

If I were him, I'd probably be worn out after the first few days in a stressful job, so would take any opportunity to zone out in my own thoughts when some music was playing. Is that not allowed?

Poor fellow!

How will he cope if he was PM? You're basically saying he's not up to the job.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never heard such criticism about the England football team who don't tend to sing up much at the beginning of matches. :confused1:

I think the criticism was mainly due to the fact that people didn't know at the time if it was a political reason or not, which given his views on N.Ireland, etc wouldn't of surprised many.

Speaking of sport there was a lot of criticism with the captain of the English cricket team (one dayers) Eoin Morgan who refuses to sign the national anthem due to political reasons, being born in Dublin.

Yes, absolutely, and by his own publicly stated republican sentiment.

After 1 weekend and ½ a week in the job, worn out? Perhaps a short tenure in office then?

Time and a place for "zoning out", inability to identify when and where is a fundamental shortcoming in a public figure with potential national / international influence.

Football - IMHO, a complete irrelevance.

World politics - slightly more significant.

+1 form me

N

I think the criticism was mainly due to the fact that people didn't know at the time if it was a political reason or not, which given his views on N.Ireland, etc wouldn't of surprised many.

Speaking of sport there was a lot of criticism with the captain of the English cricket team (one dayers) Eoin Morgan who refuses to sign the national anthem due to political reasons, being born in Dublin.

Why the hell doesn't he play for Ireland then? If I was in charge, he'd never play for England again.

David seems a million times better than Jeremy....

*seems*

Corruption and lack of concern for the environment, etc, business as usual then....

Is there no room in politics for people with integrity and high morals any more? Because that's what's missing from the current bunch. Well, apart from a select few perhaps.

cheers, steve

*seems*

Corruption and lack of concern for the environment, etc, business as usual then....

Is there no room in politics for people with integrity and high morals any more? Because that's what's missing from the current bunch. Well, apart from a select few perhaps.

cheers, steve

Regrettably not it would seem.

Someone posted earlier of David Cameron that at least he is running the country as a business! That is seriously scary.

The majority of people's thoughts on the economy are like their thoughts on the environment. They think better equality and environmental protection is a good thing, but if it means (as it must) that their wealth or comfort may in any way be compromised they start clucking like a load of self righteous hens.

Regrettably not it would seem.

Someone posted earlier of David Cameron that at least he is running the country as a business! That is seriously scary.

The majority of people's thoughts on the economy are like their thoughts on the environment. They think better equality and environmental protection is a good thing, but if it means (as it must) that their wealth or comfort may in any way be compromised they start clucking like a load of self righteous hens.

It's not even as though he's got a grip of running a business either!... look at the state of communications at HMRC! It's an absolute shambles. So much money, business down time and stress!! And what has our glorious PM done about it?? Sweet F.A.

Seriously, the Conservative Party no longer care about small to medium enterprises... they used to and I used to respect them for that.

I summise that the Conservative party could do with as much as a rethink as the Labour Party.....

Tories infiltrated Labour; and the elite infiltrated the Conservatives.

Happy days if you are born into the already very well 'sorted' 1%.... but not a single Arbtalk member is that posh. Well, maybe apart from the Arbtalk Boss. Our leader. His Royalness Baron Von Trees. :lol:

It's not even as though he's got a grip of running a business either!... look at the state of communications at HMRC! It's an absolute shambles. So much money, business down time and stress!! And what has our glorious PM done about it?? Sweet F.A.

Seriously, the Conservative Party no longer care about small to medium enterprises... they used to and I used to respect them for that.

I summise that the Conservative party could do with as much as a rethink as the Labour Party.....

Tories infiltrated Labour; and the elite infiltrated the Conservatives.

Happy days if you are born into the already very well 'sorted' 1%.... but not a single Arbtalk member is that posh. Well, maybe apart from the Arbtalk Boss. Our leader. His Royalness Baron Von Trees. :lol:

Well said Steve - I completely agree :thumbup1: