Pricing another Elm!

18 stoner

After seeing the thread on pricing a big elm by Highland Forestry, I thought of this job i have to do.

I find its always interesting putting a topic up on pricing as everyone has different views, and certainly prices!

This Elm is around 70+ feet with little canopy, a nice 3feet DBH soon forking into two. The larger stem is nice and straight to over 25 feet.

The crown needs rigging out, access is is not too bad and the stem will clear fell.

Whats your opinions on this one then? Prices, milling opportunities, just out of interest;

DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0236a.jpg

DSCF0237a.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be reckoning 800ish but depends on access, presumably they want it all removing from the garden? Could be a days work by itself?

How much would oyu be charging in cornwall for a job like that then? Doesn't make me worry about not getting a lot of jobs when I hear some of the prices people are working for.

R

Access is approx 15-20meters to gate. Stump is to be left.

I plan on 3 men one steady day getting it all down, chipping done, all logs cross-cut and away, stem down.

Leaving anything that will mill for later as a bonus:thumbup1:

Opinions are good, so what "bonus" do you think i should expect for the milled stuff?

Oh, its not for advice, i have the job, i can tell you the price later.......

When you all give up:tongue_smilie:

£600.

your like maureen from 118212...................cheap:001_tt2:

To be honest huck, i would of said about 600/700 quid but for some reason i have it in my head that pete said about a job coming up for 1200 a few weeks ago so i went with that

Edited by Ian C