140mph for LPG powered car.

Alycidon

Bloke done for speeding on the A9 in Scotland, 140mph.

Wanted to see how his car went after converting it to LPG, pretty acceptable if you ask me. Thats bloody fast on a three lane motorway, on the 2 lane A9 thats not to bright.

But I suppose in younger days we have all done something like that, problem at that speed is the bloke doing 100mph pulling out in front of you without looking as he considers nothing will be bearing down on him as he is doing a ton. Happened to me several times on the M1, one of the reasons I sold my Sierra 2.8 4x4, that lived at 125mph. These days I drive a Defender, a lot older, slower and wiser.

Driver who sped at 140mph on A9 banned from road - BBC News

A

car would of done that anyway, fuel doesn't change the gearbox ratios.

I have a track saxo which has been turbo'd and a custom built dog box which is capable of 165 in around 17 seconds. to lethal to drive on the roads so sticks to courses now :)

What track do you run on that you need so high a gear.

Lower gear = better acceleration surely?