Universal Credit

Cae Ffynnon

And of course you have data to support your claims , not just the isolated here say of people " working in healthcare" ( pushing a mop in a hospital doesn't count)'

There are plenty of healthcare tourists going out of the UK but afaik, a lot are going to Eastern Europe for elective cosmetics rather than to the states for life saving

You clearly disagree with how we do things but that's OK, we have our own opinionated minority but we are a democratic state so you can have your say, just don't be surprised when no one is in your corner

If you wish data, I can provide it to you and than you can decide for yourself.

My family members in the health care profession are doctors and nurses, do you have any family members in the health care profession or working for the NHS?

Actually I have many members on this site that concur with my opinions and observations. The fact of the matter is many of your fellow country men and women have never known and, in all likely hood never will know difference between the health care system provided by the government and one provided by the private industry where free market competition not government regulation and bloated bureaucracy carries the day.

FYI, Most if not all major surgeries done for patients visiting from other countries are major surgeries. Also most of the technology and techniques

originated here in the US. That is why among other reasons people that can exercise choice instead of the status quo come to the US to this day, except for you.

easy-lift guy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the original post???

It was actually to make people aware of the changes to the tax credits system as a result of the introduction of Universal Credits. Which in a nutshell means balancing the cashflow or earn more than the threshold so you don't need them. Biggest effect if you have kids.

As to the differences between our Colonial cousins and ourselves, two peoples seperated by a common language.

The NHS is by no means perfect, but what they do with the resources available is amazing. The faults lie with the politicans rather than the medical staff.

Chris

I don't like popcorn, cheese on crackers for me. Proper Double Gloucester and Smoked Applewood cheddar none of that processed rubbish out of toothpaste tubes you get in the States... :lol:

It was actually to make people aware of the changes to the tax credits system as a result of the introduction of Universal Credits. Which in a nutshell means balancing the cashflow or earn more than the threshold so you don't need them. Biggest effect if you have kids.

As to the differences between our Colonial cousins and ourselves, two peoples seperated by a common language.

The NHS is by no means perfect, but what they do with the resources available is amazing. The faults lie with the politicans rather than the medical staff.

Chris

I don't like popcorn, cheese on crackers for me. Proper Double Gloucester and Smoked Applewood cheddar none of that processed rubbish out of toothpaste tubes you get in the States... :lol:

Well said Chris.

Sorry your thread got rubbished. I'm sure 'Easy Lift Guy' has successfully alienated himself from the majority of the UK Arb community with his strange rants. I'd be very interested to see if he 'exhibits' here again, after voicing his dislike of us.

I'll rock up if he does, for the craic. :thumbup1:

Now, time for some mature Irish Cheddar with those poppy seed crackers before I slide off to my bed. :laugh1:

[quote=easy-lift guy;134744

By the way I did not say the NHS for the UK is crap.

easy-lift guy

My apologies Ted . I thought you were saying it was no good. As you can see from my posts I have been speaking from my own experiences and they have all been positive .

If you wish data, I can provide it to you and than you can decide for yourself.

My family members in the health care profession are doctors and nurses, do you have any family members in the health care profession or working for the NHS?

Actually I have many members on this site that concur with my opinions and observations. The fact of the matter is many of your fellow country men and women have never known and, in all likely hood never will know difference between the health care system provided by the government and one provided by the private industry where free market competition not government regulation and bloated bureaucracy carries the day.

FYI, Most if not all major surgeries done for patients visiting from other countries are major surgeries. Also most of the technology and techniques

originated here in the US. That is why among other reasons people that can exercise choice instead of the status quo come to the US to this day, except for you.

easy-lift guy

So now you have been off on your tangent in an effort not to address the original issue I will remind you if the original issue

pay support or unemployment compensation

receives free cash and society continues to spend itself into oblivion.

But as usual you aren't good at answering direct criticism preferring instead to dig yourself a hole.

So now you have been off on your tangent in an effort not to address the original issue I will remind you if the original issue

But as usual you aren't good at answering direct criticism preferring instead to dig yourself a hole.

Happy to get back on topic, just remember I am responding to your comments, selectively quoting me one line at at time may appear that I am not answering direct criticism. That's your style, not mine. As stated earlier in the first link that the OP posted even the authors feel that the waste of funding to maintain the various scemes created and enforced by various branches of the UK Government are loosing propositions. My point has always revolved around the enormous amount of waste generated by governments in order to keep the citizens and or tax payers at each other's throats while the governments sit back a play referee, with little or no responsibility for their actions. If this point is not clear enough for you to understand and comment on, that's fine to.

I am still waiting for the OP to explain to me how paying families £££s over and above their normal take home pay is some sort of insentive entire to get same families and individuals off the dole?, perhaps he can't?

easy-lift guy

Well said Chris.

Sorry your thread got rubbished. I'm sure 'Easy Lift Guy' has successfully alienated himself from the majority of the UK Arb community with his strange rants. I'd be very interested to see if he 'exhibits' here again, after voicing his dislike of us.

I'll rock up if he does, for the craic. :thumbup1:

Now, time for some mature Irish Cheddar with those poppy seed crackers before I slide off to my bed. :laugh1:

Actually I am still planning on attending APF in 2016. That said if we meet at the show I can talk to you or anyone else for that matter on a variety of topics including my own product as well. If you don't like my opinions about things that's fine. If you do that's fine to, since this is an open forum opinions about many things can be shared both ways. FYI, I actually like the citizens of the UK, so try really hard if you can to understand that your wrong about how you think I feel.

easy-lift guy