Universal Credit

Cae Ffynnon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already made my case earlier based on my own findings and evidence

provided. With regards to American TV, in particular the Two programs you mentioned I will have to take your word for it based on the consumption needs of the UK viewing audience. To glorify the life and times of one person who by way of chemistry makes a choice to produce mind altering substances for profit, with no regards as to how destructive the whole insidious nature of drug abuse is can only be shallow viewing quality at best. The Second choice know as friends, by the way you sure can pick some looser programs, is also based on what Hollywood would like things to be based on the media and advertisers maintaining control over millions of really stupid viewers. Not saying your stupid, just the programming is. Sadly American TV has pretty much gone down the toilet along time ago:thumbdown:. Since your reference point with regards to viewing habits and American culture are based on Two programs with no redeeming qualities IMHO you can make up your own mind what is real and fake that Hollywood produces for the masses of asses to consume. I have better things to do with my life based in reality and not fiction.

easy-lift guy

When you've stepped down off your high horse, taken some lessons in detecting 'sarcasm' to complement your lessons in 'irony', two traits Americans are well known to be void of, read my post a second time.

I defended Breaking Bad because I and millions of others found it a well made, well written, and superbly acted and shot series. A true modern classic. As for your 'holier than thou' condemnation of 'celebrating the sale of drugs for profit' or whatever, oh come on, did you also hide under the bed when Miami Vice was on in the 80's ? :001_rolleyes:

I can only imagine you're devoutly religious like most Americans, and this topic upset your Amish sensibilities.

Just so's you 'get it' I was citing Friends and the polar opposite of BB. It's one of the most purile, humour-devoid shows I've ever had to scramble to switch over from. The addition of audience 'canned laughter' at all in-opportune moments, like every 2 seconds is further evidence of its 'dumbed down for the hard of thinking' target audience. For you to miss this further highlights your lack of willingness to absorb the content of anyone's reply, since you're too busy frothing over the keyboard with your next scathing reponse.

In common with the majority of Amerians, and I've 'dated' a few, you really are nurtured to believe that the USA is the centre of the universe, and all outside a squalid imitation devoid of the freedoms and privelidges you all enjoy.

This notion hasn't kept up with the times, and romanticises the post war euphoria felt in the states. In reality you're a broken country, divided beyond repair, with a racial divide the size of the Grand Canyon, a gun control problem, and dietary issues that lead the world in self destructive eating and morbid obesity. Tell me that ain't true Hank? :thumbup1:

If you think our NHS is so crap perhaps you could explain that to the thousands of immigrants busting their guts to get in to the UK .....

They must be using it as a stopover on the way to the Good 'Ol US of A.

And of course you have data to support your claims , not just the isolated here say of people " working in healthcare" ( pushing a mop in a hospital doesn't count)'

There are plenty of healthcare tourists going out of the UK but afaik, a lot are going to Eastern Europe for elective cosmetics rather than to the states for life saving

You clearly disagree with how we do things but that's OK, we have our own opinionated minority but we are a democratic state so you can have your say, just don't be surprised when no one is in your corner

Correct, nobody flies to Merrica after a motorbike accident because they think they'll have their arm re-attached quicker.

This thread derailed from the get go Chris. :001_huh:

I know, what can you do. :001_rolleyes:

Chris

Roll up your sleeves and get stuck in for now.

:thumbup: yeeehaaw.

Edited by TurtleWoods72

I have had an ambulance on 2 occasions and all the subsequent treatment as I have already said . My wife has a season ticket with A+E falling from horses . You say we dont have a choice but we do . There are private medical set ups here ( Bupa and H.S.A. ) are two I can think of and some people do use them . So its win win here in Blighty . You can do it whichever way you want . NHS is top banana in my book .

I have had an ambulance on 2 occasions and all the subsequent treatment as I have already said . My wife has a season ticket with A+E falling from horses . You say we dont have a choice but we do . There are private medical set ups here ( Bupa and H.S.A. ) are two I can think of and some people do use them . So its win win here in Blighty . You can do it whichever way you want . NHS is top banana in my book .

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

My Dad had a quadruple heart bypass on the NHS. The NHS delivered my twins six weeks premature and looked after them in intensive care for two weeks. My son had to be hospitalised for a week after that with bronchulitis. The NHS isn't perfect but it does do a brilliant job :thumbup:

When you've stepped down off your high horse, taken some lessons in detecting 'sarcasm' to complement your lessons in 'irony', two traits Americans are well known to be void of, read my post a second time.

I defended Breaking Bad because I and millions of others found it a well made, well written, and superbly acted and shot series. A true modern classic. As for your 'holier than thou' condemnation of 'celebrating the sale of drugs for profit' or whatever, oh come on, did you also hide under the bed when Miami Vice was on in the 80's ?

I can only imagine you're devoutly religious like most Americans, and this topic upset your Amish sensibilities.

Just so's you 'get it' I was citing Friends and the polar opposite of BB. It's one of the most purile, humour-devoid shows I've ever had to scramble to switch over from. The addition of audience 'canned laughter' at all in-opportune moments, like every 2 seconds is further evidence of its 'dumbed down for the hard of thinking' target audience. For you to miss this further highlights your lack of willingness to absorb the content of anyone's reply, since you're too busy frothing over the keyboard with your next scathing reponse.

In common with the majority of Amerians, and I've 'dated' a few, you really are nurtured to believe that the USA is the centre of the universe, and all outside a squalid imitation devoid of the freedoms and privelidges you all enjoy.

This notion hasn't kept up with the times, and romanticises the post war euphoria felt in the states. In reality you're a broken country, divided beyond repair, with a racial divide the size of the Grand Canyon, a gun control problem, and dietary issues that lead the world in self destructive eating and morbid obesity. Tell me that ain't true Hank?

Gosh, So much tripe to comment on.

First off I have never had a high horse, so when you learn the difference between experience and confidence go jump off your own high horse.

The American TV series you really like is according to you is well written, and superbly acted and shot series. So much for your taste in American TV. I suspect you have never known the death and destruction of Meph and how many families have been destroyed because of this and many other like substances.

Although my faith has nothing to do with your laundry list of nonsense I can tell you that I am not Amish, my faith is my business and non of yours.

What you will never comprehend is the fact that you are basing your opinion about the US based on what you hear and see and read and listen to. That is fine if you believe all of those things, The advertisers really appreciate your help. FYI Miami Vice was also crap TV so your batting a 1000 and climbing.

With regards to your comment about another show know as friends since you now claim that this programming maybe is not what its cracked up to be and you were attempting an act of humor, sarcasm, I suggest leaving the humor to professionals, your not one.

I feel sorry for any American women or maybe girls that were unfortunate enough to have to deal with your genuine lack of knowledge of America and its people. Perhaps they felt sorry for you and bailed as soon as possible.

As far as the rest of your comments about the USA and being a broken country etc in time you may grow up and out of your own insecurities. You may even visit the USA and regret all the crap sandwiches you have consumed over your present life time that has left a very bitter taste and opinion about my country. Than again probably not.

easy-lift guy

If you think our NHS is so crap perhaps you could explain that to the thousands of immigrants busting their guts to get in to the UK .....

The Thousands of immigrants busting their guts to get into the UK are stretching the social well fare system on every front. What you don't understand is that when there are more takers than makers the existing population has to either be taxed more to cover the increased need and wants of these new immigrants and others into your country or face longer delays for basic services across the board. How do you think Italy is coping with the on going wave after wave of illeagles from North Africa?

Could the UK continue to accept more and more immigrants into their borders indefinitely, ah no. As I stated earlier I still believe if there was or rather when a major catastrophe was to hit or war the existing NHS would fold due to the shear numbers of people over whelming the system.

By the way I did not say the NHS for the UK is crap.

easy-lift guy

, just don't be surprised when no one is in your corner

Brit's that have felt the benefit of the NHS are truly, sincerely and naturally grateful for the service they have received, understandably, and I'm one of them.

Government financial austerity has brought into focus many things that have previously been blissfully taken for granted - emergency services, defence, education. A long cascading list which reaches down as far as availability of public toilets, libraries, street lights etc, etc.

I like that government spending is under the spotlight and that people are questioning VfM for tax spend, it's well over due.

I don't read Ted's posts as a knock to the NHS, but even if they were, so what? It's time to take the sentimental emotion out of the equation. No organisation, especially one as huge as the NHS should be above constructive criticism just because (the collective) we have the perception of being fixed by it.

There are elements of the NHS that we as a nation should be fiercely proud of but there are also many areas of corruption, abuse and waste.

It is a subject that the nation will be required to address in the not too distant future methinks.

What was the original post???