Universal Credit

Cae Ffynnon

Second that . Had a real bad accident 12 years back . Had a lot of work done , metal in my leg and a metal knee , a metal shoulder and all the after care and physio and occy health that goes with it . Coz I had paid my stamp all these years it was all done with good grace and care at no cost . It works believe me .

3rd that for the UK. And if your in the system, it works here in France too.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The system your referring to does not work for everyone, if it was forced to due to a natural disaster or invasion it would completely fold. House of cards, yes your still gullible to believe american TV, especially the tripe you mentioned earlier.

easy-lift guy

I don't know where to go with this, I have told you, others have told you, get a dictionary and look up irony or get someone to explain it to you.

Personally I think you understand the statement but don't have a answer and that's because you just don't understand what you are talking abut

And when more claims for care come in before the system can catch up with its self, Crash.

When I travel to the UK or for that matters anywhere out side the U.S. I always have my own insurance to take care of any medical needs. Yes I paid into the system and it works, however in the event of a major catastrophe or invasion all bets are off, even for me.

Like our Social Security system in this country, that is broke there are more takers than makers. If I had to have any major surgery here in this country and was rushed to an emergency room the surgery would be done, my insurance would pay for the cost and any out of pocket would be paid for by myself. Even if I had no insurance I would still be treated and released or if required to stay not have to be worried about weather or not I could pay or not. Same thing for surgeries especially surgeries termed elected sergeries.

Thousands of people from around the world continue to come to the U.S. To have sergeries on their terms and time tables. If one can afford private doctors in the UK than those terms and time tables are greatly reduced or eliminated. If on the other hand say a knee or hip replacement is required by a patient that has paid into the national health care system needs the surgery done sooner that will probably take a lot longer.

Many people I have met in my travels have related similar accounts with many choosing to make the investment and travel to the U.S. And have sergeries done here in stead.

You get what you pay for, problem is rationed health care or having sergeries done on the governments time table or availability of hospitals and staff to perform said sergeries or procedures is no bargin.

easy-lift guy

The ironic thing is that my orginal post was to draw attention to how UC wil change the taxation system for everyone. In particular the changes that will effect those currently claiming child tax credits as you will need to prove monthly income and not fluctuate it across the year.

This change is actually meant to encourage people to grow there business so that benefits are no longer required. Which really is only to be considered a good thing. low tax high income economy is to the benefit of everyone.

Chris

I don't know where to go with this, I have told you, others have told you, get a dictionary and look up irony or get someone to explain it to you.

Personally I think you understand the statement but don't have a answer and that's because you just don't understand what you are talking abut

The difference is you have lived and worked in your country all of your life and never had a choice because you were told what to do and what to expect if you did. I have lived all of my life in another country that has provide me with different options and not be beholden to the government since private industry not government industry takes care of its customers, Government does not take care of it customers/citizens. Other than providing for a national defense and a form of exchange in order to purchase goods and services the Government really does not provide, it takes and produces very little in return.

easy-lift guy

The ironic thing is that my orginal post was to draw attention to how UC wil change the taxation system for everyone. In particular the changes that will effect those currently claiming child tax credits as you will need to prove monthly income and not fluctuate it across the year.

This change is actually meant to encourage people to grow there business so that benefits are no longer required. Which really is only to be considered a good thing. low tax high income economy is to the benefit of everyone.

Chris

So I read over the first link again and seemingly the article is very negative about the UC on many fronts. Explain to me how continuing to offer subsidies

or out right payouts to individuals or small companies benefits said parties?

The article was pretty long, however I am just wondering in your opinion this idea benefits either the receiver of said payouts or everyone else paying for it?

easy-lift guy

The difference is you have lived and worked in your country all of your life and never had a choice because you were told what to do and what to expect if you did.

Assumption, gross generalisation and above all just plain wrong

I have spent a good chunk if my life traveling the world, I even spent some time in your native land

Assumption, gross generalisation and above all just plain wrong

I have spent a good chunk if my life traveling the world, I even spent some time in your native land

Your still where you started and still doing as your told, waiting for procedures which I hope you get ASAP.

easy-lift guy

I had my knee replaced in November in a private hospital by a consultant ( Mr Micheal Moss ) paid for by the NHS and the waiting time from being refered by my GP to it being done was about 7 weeks . I have no complaints .