Indian meals what's your choice of them

mendiplogs

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't eaten in an (English) Indian restaurant for over twenty years. I had one in Sweden a few years ago, not through choice.

The reason was an account of 'contamination' that I'd learnt of locally to where I worked and ate back in the day.

The details I will keep away from this family friendly forum. Just to say, the kitchen was found to be clean. The ingredients were found to contain 'numerous' unwanted additives of an organic and exclusively male origin. This was after blood tests.

I like a chicken Dhansak.... has lotsa spices and can is usually medium/hot.

But I used to ask for them to cook it "mild, not too hot please" and it would usually come like that.

Once I asked for "mild, not too hot please" and got it home and it blew my head off!! ....so now I don't ask for it to be made mild for fear of that!

I do find Dhansaks have quite a bit of flavour to them, unless it's a rubbish curry house.... in which case I'd rather have fish n chips.

cheers, steve

Just to clarify.

It wasn't me who was subject to the 'contamination', but a female student who was studying at Birmingham Uni.

She'd suffered some gastrointestinal complaints and other ill effects and visited her doctor.

Some blood tests revealed she appeared to have an 'active social life' but the girl was completely abstaining from those 'activities'.

After some further probing by the doctor into her lifestyle, it turned out she ate 2 - 3 times a week at a local 'curry house' which welcomes students.

Following further investigations by Environmental Health Officers, the place was found to have widespread contamination of their 'sauces' with the DNA of numerous persons 'gentleman seed' and as a result they were shut down and prosecuted.

This story (from a good friend I had no reason to disbelieve) was enough to put me off for life.

Curry is easy to make at home though. So no worries

Wouldn't touch indian food from a takeaway or restaurant even if I was dying of starvation. Same goes for Chinese.

If you people knew how the food was prepared and what it contained you'd also never eat either again.

There's also the issue of not knowing wether the meat is ritually slaughtered halal, throat slitting Islamic sharia style no pre stunning of the animal.

I wouldn't eat in KFC, Subway or Pizza Express because they serve halal meat. Also because the food is highly processed trash.

Wouldn't touch indian food from a takeaway or restaurant even if I was dying of starvation. Same goes for Chinese.

If you people knew how the food was prepared and what it contained you'd also never eat either again.

There's also the issue of not knowing wether the meat is ritually slaughtered halal, throat slitting Islamic sharia style no pre stunning of the animal.

I wouldn't eat in KFC, Subway or Pizza Express because they serve halal meat. Also because the food is highly processed trash.

Well that's opened my eyes to more weird practices!

Personally I prefer the paleo lifestyle with a good local meat supplier.

I go for organic where possiblle, and intend to get back to growing my own veg and keeping my own fowl.

Commercially available food is generally nutrient poor and worthless.

I'm no food Saint, but I know what's excrement rather than excellent.:thumbup:

Well that's opened my eyes to more weird practices!

Personally I prefer the paleo lifestyle with a good local meat supplier.

I go for organic where possiblle, and intend to get back to growing my own veg and keeping my own fowl.

Commercially available food is generally nutrient poor and worthless.

I'm no food Saint, but I know what's excrement rather than excellent.:thumbup:

Hi wood that sound great mate with fowl 👍👍thanks Jon

I've been into a number of slaughterhouses where the animals that have missed the stunner get their throats slit anyway. If you're concerned about animal welfare then you need to consider a vegetarian lifestyle.