Awkward Situation

Nick Connell

There are different scenarios here:

1. Gary didn't give permission in which case Sue's been lying to you from start to fulfill her desire to remove the hated trees next door possibly thinking why should Gary mind - after all he's moving out soon. Which would indicate she's

a: Stupid

b: no friend to you or Gary

2. Gary knows that 3 trees have been cut down, yet he's trying to screw you & Sue for 7

He screws his 'friends' over - nice chap

3. Gary did give Sue permission in which case he's truly Machiavellian

That's assuming you did cut only 3 trees down

4. Your not a good judge of character - no offence. OK it is a bit offensive but looking at the evidence you present. Nonetheless true.

I would add a fifth scenario: Consider the possibility that either Gary or Sue may be suffering from a serious psychiatric condition.

I'm serious. If Sue is being straight, then Gary honestly comes across as someone who is delusional/split personality/clinically depressive/etc. Is he a drug user? Is he on/off meds? Has he cracked from stress in his personal life?

Or maybe Sue is delusional. There are crazies out there, and they can seem very normal until something sets them off.....

(no offence intended to anyone reading who suffers from mental health issues)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See? Another vote for madness as the cause behind this behaviour....

I would not approach Gary under any circumstances, for fear of a violent reaction. Talk with Sue about it and gather information. Do you and Gary share any mutual friends whom you trust? Maybe see if they have heard anything from Gary that may shed light....I had this experience with a pal once, who literally went delusional on me, and accused me of a theft seven years back...it was totally out of the blue and illogical....he had done some speed a few nights previously and the drug seemed to have triggered some smouldering psychosis...three weeks later he apologised in tears....

Your bin would be a bit fuller, and that would probably be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Haha!

To be fair I would only remove a third party's trees with there say so regardless of who is paying the bill, that was your mistake not Gary or sues. Respond to the letter and go round and see both of them together.

This is a facinating scenario to those of us not involved. As it's going the legal route I would suggest renaming the people defendant,plaintiff or whatever and a members only thread. People don't appreciate their dirty laundry in public.

However I'm very interested in the outcome as it's going to make business awkward for them and the op predicament is interesting.

The trees where saplings if you use forestry terms!