Opinions on Kaaz (Danarm) brushcutters and hedgetrimmers?

GardenKit

Says 5yrs domestic 2yrs commercial

shaft is 28mm

Spares do seem rare (seem abit more around from  italy ) for both the mitsubishi engine and the kaaz parts.

Looks like a good product quality wise.

Shame  that they can't be  organized  with the spares as mitsubishi is not some obscure company after all......

As an acterthought re: the mowers,honda-back in the day did an (almost) equally legendary series of mowers-the hr series-loads of parts still available for them-cables/carbs/blades etc.The kaaz mowers were/are better in 3 respects I would say,

1:open top viewable grass box with dust cover.

2.a much stronger hexagonal drive shaft.

3:a metal faced plastic impeller above the blade-so fan-assisted grass collection-important in the wet.Sadly,the cables aren't q. The same-but can be 'adapted' lol.However,the blades,carbs,air filters are all interchangeable.

1 hour ago, Trailoftears said:

All I can comment on is the kaaz/sarp 4/stroke lawnmowers all made in Tokyo,Japan-rebadged+ re-coloured  for lawnflite/danarm/kubota etc,etc.Basically the best mower(s) you can buy-hugely thick alloy deck,direct-drivechain,proper friction clutches and 2 speed,The finest honda engines-gx series.Not cheap but you'll probably never buy another mower.

Gearboxes are notorious for failing and are eyewateringly expensive to repair

• Like 1

What I do know,the 4 wheel mowers drive/gearboxes rarely fail-if ever.If anything fails,it will be the friction clutch/ plate system,and that will rarely happen unless your regularly driving them up cliff-like slopes on a regular basis.I work mine hard on slopes and most do a good 3/4 year regime before the clutch slip becomes annoying.Even then,a clutch pair is about £35 on fleabay- no drama in my book.Had zero gearbox issues in spite of regular incline work in fairness.

1 hour ago, Trailoftears said:

What I do know,the 4 wheel mowers drive/gearboxes rarely fail-if ever.If anything fails,it will be the friction clutch/ plate system,and that will rarely happen unless your regularly driving them up cliff-like slopes on a regular basis.I work mine hard on slopes and most do a good 3/4 year regime before the clutch slip becomes annoying.Even then,a clutch pair is about £35 on fleabay- no drama in my book.Had zero gearbox issues in spite of regular incline work in fairness.

The kaaz/danarm/lawnflite old honda model rear roller gearboxes fail....i agree, the wheeled models are much more reliable

LANDSCAPEJUICENETWORK.COM

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but it looks like a huge resource. I'm a one-man-band company mostly maintaining...

Edited by pleasant

• 3 months later...