Never seen one of these before

Steve Bullman

It,ll make no difference, if they can't see dirty great big signs, high vis tape, jackets and blazing led beacons, they won't see a shitty little light.

Plus if they are thick enough to go up the inside of a turn left vehicle they need running over as part of natural selection, I don't want to live in a world full of stupid people, putting stickers on lights isn't going to make things any better. Saving these people is just diluting the gene poole.

Agreed! :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It,ll make no difference, if they can't see dirty great big signs, high vis tape, jackets and blazing led beacons, they won't see a shitty little light.

Plus if they are thick enough to go up the inside of a turn left vehicle they need running over as part of natural selection, I don't want to live in a world full of stupid people, putting stickers on lights isn't going to make things any better. Saving these people is just diluting the gene poole.

What he said:thumbup:

It was brought about by the death of a chap in the midlands about 6 years ago , his mother devoted her life to campaigning and raising awareness of just how dangerous it is for cyclists to pass vehicles such as hauliers , builders merchants trucks , hire companies vehicles etc on the inside , her son was killed by a hire company's delivery can suddenly turned/ veered left and killed her son outright

It was a Readymix lorry now Cemex that ran over the woman's son, they ignored her calls for warnings so she bought shares in Readymix and stood up at the shareholders AGM and gave a speech that shamed the lot of them! EVERY Cemex lorry has great big signs on the left now!

Why not just have them lined up at some lights and we'll club together for a machine gun for you and you can thin them out a bit? I'm guessing you think you sound a bit comedic, but without noticing it we're all sitting here condoning killing people with trucks. IMO a rather tasteless bit of the Arbtalk meal.

Edited by growforest
Misspelling

Why not just have them lined up at some lights and we'll club together for a machine gun for you and you can thin them out a bit? I'm guessing you think you sound a bit comedic, but without noticing it we're all sitting here condoning killing people with trucks. IMO a rather tasteless bit of the Arbtalk meal.

Oh dear, missed the point

I can see where the problem arises both sides need educating. I don't think it just happens when cyclist ride up the side. Lorry drivers forget there is a cyclist. An idea I had was to fit a micro chip in the handle bars and fit to the zip on a pedestrians coat if it comes close to a truck sets of a warning to the driver.