Going to get a terrier dog soon but what one would you pick and why thanks

mendiplogs

I got a fox terrier she's 9 and still thinks she's a pup she's only scared of our 8 months old daughter but has not yet shown any aggression towards her. Lovely dog totally hyper always has ago at the biggest dogs she comes across very loyal. ImageUploadedByArbtalk1437541896.351669.jpg.82873927b26330e810994eaf71165913.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fan of jacks I think the thing with any dogs is have a good look at the parents and make sure they are not bouncing off the wall and uncontrollable.

Took a lot of time selecting this girl she was perfect, her parents had great temperaments and excellent hunters , despite her having the perfect death flick she was easy enough to train out of it.ImageUploadedByArbtalk1437548672.535685.jpg.9a3a0888fd838c15e0db0044e2ceacc2.jpg

My current jack is mad but has good recall , if it's a dog not a bitch I would get them snipped ASAP as all the male terriers I've owned have been a nightmare for chasing bitches in heat and fighting apart from my current one , it also made him obedient over night!

Short legged Jack Russell Terriers are great. I had a little female, lost her to cancer when she was 12. That dog went off a 4-wheeler head first when she was a pup, was attacked by various animals, and was always by my side. Never lost her spunk 'till she died.

Patterdale Terriers are a lot like JRT, but with tougher noggins. You might consider one of those.

Um don't you think it was the lad breeding them you shouldn't trust it's the one breed that's got a bad name for the wrong reasons. You treat a staff right it all treat you right poke it with a stick and you will end up with a fighting machine.

No! I don't think it was the lad that was breeding them that should have a bad name, although his farther did used to breed fighting dogs!

Staffies ain't to be trusted!

Take it you've got one, Mike?