who prices when on holiday

jose

Thanks guys.

Yes i would normally let my lead climber quote for me.............

But under normal circumstances i would ask him. if Anything he prices better then me!

Staff normally do seem to price better i.e. higher, but then again they don't really have the concerns of finding work day in day out and have a more take it or leave it attitude.

Right or wrong? I haven't a clue tbh.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys.

Yes i would normally let my lead climber quote for me but for some reason he has taken a dive for the worse with regards to work.

Says hes bored and is thinking of another career! Just what i dont want before i go away.

Normally he would be spot on but lately hes been very hard work to work with and shows no sign of improving. Way hes going im not sure id want to risk asking him!

But under normal circumstances i would ask him. if Anything he prices better then me!

I am taking the family and dont want to waste it working.

I am going to Cypress, never been before. A good friend is getting married out there hence the location but i do hear good things.

Presumably your man knows you are going on holiday but you have not asked him to take charge. That must really boost his morale. Have you sat down with him and asked why he is bored and thinking of moving on. Have you inquired if there is anything you can do? Have you asked him if he would like more responsibility?

Staff normally do seem to price better i.e. higher, but then again they don't really have the concerns of finding work day in day out and have a more take it or leave it attitude.

Right or wrong? I haven't a clue tbh.

I think that will be the nail on the head!

Interesting thread. I see this from the other side, the guy who owns the firm I work for is on holiday at the moment so whilst he's away I price jobs, book mewps, cranes, arrange site visits, write RA's and method statements, answer the phone and book in work etc etc whilst working on site every day. I enjoy the responsibility and the freedom it gives, he basically leaves it to me whilst he's away and picks up when he returns. Yes the days are long but I enjoy it and he looks after me so I don't have a problem doing it.

totally agree with the thought that they do have the carefree attitude that if they dont get it its no loss.

Easier to price higher when if you get it or not your wage is still coming at the end of the month regardless.

My guy knows i am away, hes been a good friend and worked with me for many years ( 5+).

In the past he has priced for me when i was away for a few days. got a few jobs, others he was too steep.

I have tried to sit down with him and find out the problem but to no joy.

Ive just taken him on full time employee, given a 20% pay rise along with all the other benefits of been employed vs self employed. He knows that he is the foreman, if im not there he takes the lead. does sometime even if im there! i dont mind if its driving the job forward to a conclusion.

tomorrow is day 9 of him sulking like a 16 year old!

Hes 26.

ive no idea if he is really bored or has other issue perhaps at home but for what ever reason he seems to be projecting his negativity towards me and its making the team ( i have another guy) a tense and unhappy place to be working in.

Oh the joy of being the boss!

Sounds like the trap door is creaking...you can usually tell when they will abandon ship.

totally agree with the thought that they do have the carefree attitude that if they dont get it its no loss.

Easier to price higher when if you get it or not your wage is still coming at the end of the month regardless.

My guy knows i am away, hes been a good friend and worked with me for many years ( 5+).

In the past he has priced for me when i was away for a few days. got a few jobs, others he was too steep.

I have tried to sit down with him and find out the problem but to no joy.

Ive just taken him on full time employee, given a 20% pay rise along with all the other benefits of been employed vs self employed. He knows that he is the foreman, if im not there he takes the lead. does sometime even if im there! i dont mind if its driving the job forward to a conclusion.

tomorrow is day 9 of him sulking like a 16 year old!

Hes 26.

ive no idea if he is really bored or has other issue perhaps at home but for what ever reason he seems to be projecting his negativity towards me and its making the team ( i have another guy) a tense and unhappy place to be working in.

Oh the joy of being the boss!