London prices?

QuattroKev

London rates in 2013 for one truck 2 men and a chipper we're around £1000 per day, I certainly wouldn't work for any less

In your dreams now. Used to be good prices but too many tree surgeons willing to work in London now, so price has been driven down.

I don't bother with London work anymore as can't get much more than I charge locally and it takes hour and a half to get in! Plus you still get the usual headaches of parking suspensions etc to apply for.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In your dreams now. Used to be good prices but too many tree surgeons willing to work in London now, so price has been driven down.

I don't bother with London work anymore as can't get much more than I charge locally and it takes hour and a half to get in! Plus you still get the usual headaches of parking suspensions etc to apply for.

Agreed. There a loads of small companies in the outer London Boroughs who are more than happy to come into town and competition knocks all the rates down. £550-700 would be my estimate for a 3.5t tipper and two man team and there will always be someone offering to do it cheaper.

For London I'd be asking :side access or through the house, is the main entrance on up a flight of stairs, is it a red route, is it a CPZ?

Prices in that part of London a few years back were around £750 upwards plus vat for 3 staff, truck & chipper.

If you have not worked in the Knightsbridge area before my advice would be to go & look at the job, I know it's a pain but you will get to see where the property is located & all the restrictions that are in place.

Nothing worse than taking all your kit up there to find you can't do the job as you need a parking dispensation or the likes.

You can pretty much guarantee they will be big trees in a small garden with little or no parking, possibly on a bus route, red route, double yellows, no stopping etc.

Access from the front to the rear of properties in London are mostly a nightmare if there is access which then means through the house.

If the property is converted to flats you may have to use a communal hallway/ stairway.

I can tell you now that it will be a three man job without even looking at it.

The list of variables in London is endless.

You may have guessed I have worked in that part of London for many years, thankfully not any more.

I knew a firm from East Finchley they were stacked with work and charged a grand a day, but then he's primarily construction related.

I guess like everything the rates seem to be dropping like a stone, its odd because everything else is going up..

Avoid like the plague nothing but headaches!!

I'd agree with that.

I've worked a bit in the Northern boroughs and virtually every time everything had to go through the house.

I certainly wouldn't quote from photos.

Basically mate go and have a look. Knight ridge is a very affluent area. There are also a lot of large trees. They could be 90 feet of plus monsters needing a delicate reduction etc. the tree officers won't allow them to be butchered unless it is coming out of a council budget.

I have turned up to do similar and been told that it is a day's work for 2-3 guys. Three days later they were still clearing the gardens after a two day rigathon.

So, in short, go and have a look and price accordingly.

Also remember that people with money also tend to be the tightest and the first to ask you to returf the whole lawn as there are a few dints in it.