Bsc Arboriculture or Level 6?

I've been debating between the two also; when I did the FdSc I really struggled with the research methods and wasn't as interested in the less job specific aspects which the BSc would involve quite heavily.

For me personally and more 'job specific' people I think the L6 is the way to go; if it isn't recognised by the ICF it will be sooner rather than later as from what I've heard from others in the industry that it is held in high regard and very intense and thorough and could be the new industry standard.

Email TreeLife and they'll send the course content which is really good.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been debating between the two also; when I did the FdSc I really struggled with the research methods and wasn't as interested in the less job specific aspects which the BSc would involve quite heavily.

For me personally and more 'job specific' people I think the L6 is the way to go; if it isn't recognised by the ICF it will be sooner rather than later as from what I've heard from others in the industry that it is held in high regard and very intense and thorough and could be the new industry standard.

Email TreeLife and they'll send the course content which is really good.

Yeah... I have put it off for this year. I can't go on to do the Bsc with just the lvl 4. I would need to do quite a bit of foundation degree to do it as the modules from both the lvl 4 and the foundation degree do not slot in together. Despite this, I am still more tempted with the degree than the lvl 6. But I am, as yet, undecided as I don't want to spend years of my life on only one subject and then feel forced to only stick with that as so much time has been invested.

I have just started my L6

it's still early days but the work load is hard and easy to under estimate.

For me L6 is more relative to my work.

The down side at the moment is there is a issue with the chartered foresters but I did believe Dave Dowson will resolve the issue.

I have just started my L6

it's still early days but the work load is hard and easy to under estimate.

For me L6 is more relative to my work.

The down side at the moment is there is a issue with the chartered foresters but I did believe Dave Dowson will resolve the issue.

Hi tree79,

Ive just started mine with Treelife too, which course are you on?