Up in Smoke

Tom D

JD are trading on their past history - they are no more reliable these days than any other brand. Reckon a zetor would have less callouts these days than a Deere. They are $hit for forestry work, impossible to guard, to much glass, low ground clearance, to many wires. Best tractor I've owned was a 1184TW county, and a 3680 MF.

As for things bursting into flames, feel sorry for me. Had a £2k top end rebuild on the Patrol, including recon head (badly cracked) and new turbo. Only the garage did a shoddy job, and it blew into an oilway soon after. Patrol takes nearly 9 litres of oil, the lot got lown out the rocker box and all over the engine - Hot turbo plus hot oil soaked engine bay and flammable fumes =

Considering sueing the garage that did the work:angry:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have heard of this happening, but my grandad spends every dry day during harvest on the combine and told me its just because your dealing with a product that is very dry (corn/straw) you only ever work on dry days (usually hot) plus a large machine with lots of moving parts which get hot. So the fire risk is high. :)

This is the crux of the matter. Friction, dry straw getting caught in bearings, straw walkers etc etc:001_rolleyes:

JD are trading on their past history - they are no more reliable these days than any other brand. Reckon a zetor would have less callouts these days than a Deere. They are for forestry work, impossible to guard, to much glass, low ground clearance, to many wires. Best tractor I've owned was a 1184TW county, and a 3680 MF.

As for things bursting into flames, feel sorry for me. Had a £2k top end rebuild on the Patrol, including recon head (badly cracked) and new turbo. Only the garage did a shoddy job, and it blew into an oilway soon after. Patrol takes nearly 9 litres of oil, the lot got lown out the rocker box and all over the engine - Hot turbo plus hot oil soaked engine bay and flammable fumes =

Considering sueing the garage that did the work:angry:

:sneaky2:Sounds very odd/ convenient......had enough of the truck had we:001_tt2::001_tt2:

Chill out and get over yourself and read the bad language thread and learn to read two smilies and see when someone is joking.:thumbup1:

Perfectly Chilled. Get over myself? lets see..

I consider making cheap jokes about someone's loss and misfortune bad taste. You may consider that perfectly acceptable, but accept that under such circumstances, someone may tell you to Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo Oscar Foxtrot Foxtrot:wink:

Perfectly Chilled. Get over myself? lets see..

I consider making cheap jokes about someone's loss and misfortune bad taste. You may consider that perfectly acceptable, but accept that under such circumstances, someone may tell you to Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo Oscar Foxtrot Foxtrot:wink:

Fair enough.:closedeyes: