Silverton Oak Retrenchment Pruning

SamTree

Nice work Sam, thanks for sharing.

Any still shots from before and after?

Was this a planned first phase of a series of retrenchment prunes?

Hi David, thanks, I will add some stills when I get the files of a work mate. I don't think the video does the tree justice.

The works where a continuation of a planned retrenchment that has been carried out by the company I work for since 2004.

The tree is owned by the LA, so it's great that they are keeping up with the schedule and carrying out works annually. The tree is responding very well and is very vigorous. Cheers

Quality work there Sam , really enjoyed watching that.

Had the whole limb disappeared from the pulled cable or had it just pulled the screw eye ??

Thanks Matty,

The cable was attached to the limb of which I removed the dead section and coronet cut.

It was a lag bolt which was loosely attached to the dead section. Hope that makes sense. Cheers

Enjoyed that, I'm enjoying all these new srt work videos coming out, home made haas system or he real deal out of interest?

Thanks James,

I'm really enjoying the benefits of SRT for certain jobs, the assents are great, and conserve energy, and the ability to redirect and still move is great for work position. I've found the vids on here great for picking up tips and techniques.

It's a home made version made from a petzl croll and tennex that my work mate spliced up for me. Works great

Cheers