Posch 360 processor - is there anything better?

arboriculturist

I feckin hate standing in front of processor most boring job I do I picked the quickest so I don't have to stand there.

We've had the same argument about bars vs blades there's pros and cons in both briquette seller is getting more than me but it's bigger chain more dust I like my chain to fly through my machine has done 900 ton now with the same bar been dressed and turned.

The taj ain't perfect but it's the best of the bunch will it be in two years I don't know I'll have a new one by then:001_smile:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feckin hate standing in front of processor most boring job I do I picked the quickest so I don't have to stand there.

We've had the same argument about bars vs blades there's pros and cons in both briquette seller is getting more than me but it's bigger chain more dust I like my chain to fly through my machine has done 900 ton now with the same bar been dressed and turned.

The taj ain't perfect but it's the best of the bunch will it be in two years I don't know I'll have a new one by then:001_smile:

Hi mike will 360 only do 12" cord thanks yours do 14" thanks Jon

:lol::lol::lol::laugh1::lol:

I have a Pilke 1 x 42, and a .404 chain will stay sharp up too 100 tonnes, and I can sharpen a chain 10 or 20 times in its life.

If he cant keep a chain sharp for 10 to 20 tonnes, he should think about a career change.

I've not long bought a 1x42 with log deck and haven't got round to using it yet. How do you find yours? anything to keep an eye on?

The pervious machine was a Tajfun 380 which was a good machine for the money main downside was the chain running all the time.

I've not long bought a 1x42 with log deck and haven't got round to using it yet. How do you find yours? anything to keep an eye on?

The pervious machine was a Tajfun 380 which was a good machine for the money main downside was the chain running all the time.

The 380 all most crippled tajfun as there were so many problems the 400 has no comparison IMO.

You will not go wrong with a 42 a very capable machine

I good mate of mine ran a Duun 420, .404 chain and was achieving the same sort of throughput per chain/chain sharpen.

Harvesters run these very chains.

How many harvesters stop every 10-20 tonnes for a chain change?

Do harvesters cut 8-10 inch logs?

That machine will go on forever - just be sure to grease the bank of 4 grease points where you stand every 4 hours, other points every 8 and pto every 8. In some ways the 350 had the edge on the 360.

Give it 10 mins to warm up with the output conveyor running before use.

A wise purchase for the money.:thumbup1:

Cheers for the advice :thumbup1: