How do deal people asking you for cash in street thanks

mendiplogs

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I give money from time to time, depending on my mood and how they approach me. Who am i to tell them what and what not to spend their money on? Are they not allowed little luxuries in life also?

I think your perpetuating their vary existence. I know at least here that the profit motive is in full swing and the ability of these people to guilt or make the giver feel ashamed is astonishing. The little luxuries these folks enjoy from people giving cash to them are self defeating at best and at worse continues to add to the moral and economic decay of society. Like you said who am I to judge, I am who I am to judge and they know it and steer clear of me.

easy-lift guy

I think your perpetuating their vary existence. I know at least here that the profit motive is in full swing and the ability of these people to guilt or make the giver feel ashamed is astonishing. The little luxuries these folks enjoy from people giving cash to them are self defeating at best and at worse continues to add to the moral and economic decay of society. Like you said who am I to judge, I am who I am to judge and they know it and steer clear of me.

easy-lift guy

Very fare point Ted and one i had not considered when you say of 'adding to economic decay of society'. Beggars who guilt trip one into giving is completely wrong and i do not have the time of day for people like that. I am saying, if i choose to give someone money, i then have no right to then tell them what thay can or cannot spend it on.