Hauling timber back to the yard

haforbes

You can get a attachment that turns hydraulic brakes to air brakes for around £450 then take the offer up above for the trailer. The converter is what I have fitted it makes it so that I can connect up to fast tow trailers without the need to spend lots on buying a tractor with air brakes.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quickest and best and cheapest option is a timber lorry, believe me been there and done that

+1

I can understand the OP`s concerns re having one truck tied up just for this but there is nothing to stop you making something multipurpose. I am just about to lift the bowser body off the MK Bedford and make it a bit more than just a bowser. With the various bodys on twist locks it will end up in daily use.

imagejpg1_zps1570fe88.jpg

Started to unbolt the tank.

image.jpg2_zpszxs6vxbg.jpg

And will be transplanting this tipper body, hiab and frame off a beaten up old cargo onto the MK chassis , then have the frame on the chassis held down with twist locks. The Hiab can then load whichever body is needed onto the twistlocks. The tipper sides slide off and I am going to weld in sockets for timber bolsters. Thats the theory anyway so it should end up a decent little ten ton 4x4 Bowser,tipper and timber truck run about.

image.jpg1_zpsyavmhr1r.jpg

Three of these down each side

image.jpg3_zpshfybigrj.jpg

Aspenarb, that truck will beat having to rev the .... out of a tractor only to rodeo along at 25mph, think a truck is the way to go if regularly moving wood about. Tax and insurance not too dear on your TK?

" Thats the theory anyway so it should end up a decent little ten ton 4x4 Bowser,tipper and timber truck run about."

How do you turn a 4 ton Bedford in to a ten ton truck??

I had ex Anglian water mk like aspens ( with Perkins phaser and 070 hiab) and it was 12.5 gross

" Thats the theory anyway so it should end up a decent little ten ton 4x4 Bowser,tipper and timber truck run about."

How do you turn a 4 ton Bedford in to a ten ton truck??

Your getting confused with the single rear wheel army trucks, This one is a twin rear wheel 11.5 ton civvy lorry. It can also have a 5 ton trailer behind it. The same applies to the rb44`s, the army ones are 3.5ton gross and the civvy twin rear wheel ones are a 7.5 ton gross.

Bob