self propelled chipper (Shreks wee chipper)

Stephen Blair

wow a chipper on tracks that cost 4k, is narrower and lighter than anything else i can find on the market, it has thunderbird capabilities and weighs under 300kgs( i think):thumbup:

but chipping speed and quality is affected:001_tt2:

but chipping speed and quality is affected:001_tt2:

chipping speed is definately slower, and if you are taking this to a job with 2 hyper drag rats you will get frustrated, but you dont need 2 drag rats when you have this, one will do or like me do it yourself, just a different approach. it is what it is, you will only find one of these little machines benificial if you are trying to minimise labour, cost, and removal of arisings. but the chip quakity is excellent bob, the only stuff it doesnt like is really dead small stuff, like those 2 conifers in my last pic. but it is for the chickens to play in so doesnt really matter.:001_smile:

hows the height for feeding. is it sitting a bit high now?

sits higher david, on the flat it is ok for us taller lads, on that little banking i chipped on the top side because the material was curly dead crap so needed more attention, straight javlin stuf wont matter, but i have a brush there now to act as a pokey stick so it was fine, but i can see that getting chipped soon, lol:blushing:

thanks andy, i want someone to make me up a chip body and towing eye aswell. i could go to the job, shuttle the chip out in ton bags with the barrow, lift them on with the lorry which i can sell easily, ship out the timber bagged aswell and tow in the chipper. but hopefully most jobs will keep the arisings. oh and i would like out riggers on hinges too, for working on angles, they could be pulled out and reduce the risk of chipper going for a roll.. it is a beef farm johny, i just have a container at it and enough room for logs.

we do beef too ,got some of those whitey/gray things too that keep dying :sneaky2:

sits higher david, on the flat it is ok for us taller lads, on that little banking i chipped on the top side because the material was curly dead crap so needed more attention, straight javlin stuf wont matter, but i have a brush there now to act as a pokey stick so it was fine, but i can see that getting chipped soon, lol:blushing:

im sure your brush wont last long the hole at the blades is a fair size. could you take the first bit of the infeed shoot off as you cant reach the blades without that anyway? make it easyer for migjet gimps:001_smile:

im sure your brush wont last long the hole at the blades is a fair size. could you take the first bit of the infeed shoot off as you cant reach the blades without that anyway? make it easyer for migjet gimps:001_smile:

i think that bit will be there to keep your arm a certain length away from the blades, but if it isnt and it just there for manouvering then i could take it off, but i dont want to risk it without finding out from greenmech, i will ask peteb he will know:001_cool: