End of Defenders?

chopperpete

Land rovers are not cheap, that's because of fanatics I think.

I've had two landys, 90 and 110 hi cap, liked them both, spent endless time and money working on them, chassis disappears before your eyes, rain pours in, uncomfortable on any journey longer than 1.5 miles, got a Jap 4x4 now.

They are a bit like Marmite , i agree, i have run mogs for years, and one of my best bomb proof trucks was a Toyota, but my puma despite a few teething problems has been the best investment i have ever made over the years, and the best advertising tool , whenever its away from my house i always get someone ring me and say, ' I just took your number off your truck' What do you say to that ?

59766d28f2bb8_2009-11-1209_29_35.jpg.144a68fa7e4984dcd2ed0149b49c3214.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are a bit like Marmite , i agree, i have run mogs for years, and one of my best bomb proof trucks was a Toyota, but my puma despite a few teething problems has been the best investment i have ever made over the years, and the best advertising tool , whenever its away from my house i always get someone ring me and say, ' I just took your number off your truck' What do you say to that ?

Very cool mate, smart vehicle, your work not land rovers though.

It's a really nice looking machine.

Very cool mate, smart vehicle, your work not land rovers though.

It's a really nice looking machine.

Agreed, and thanks :thumbup1:, i have spent a bit on it , but i also ordered a lot of extras , main one its on the Wolf suspension from the factory, air con, tints, seat bars for more leg room, and every other goodie i could get, terraformars, BFs, tipper, i have also high sides as a bolt on, 3 bolts, winch. Lecky windows, i forget all the extras but just had everything that was available, even the roof paint was an extra, its all been worth it. HD clutch, forgot what else....

Agreed, and thanks :thumbup1:, i have spent a bit on it , but i also ordered a lot of extras , main one its on the Wolf suspension from the factory, air con, tints, seat bars for more leg room, and every other goodie i could get, terraformars, BFs, tipper, i have also high sides as a bolt on, 3 bolts, winch. Lecky windows, i forget all the extras but just had everything that was available, even the roof paint was an extra, its all been worth it. HD clutch, forgot what else....

Yep, so land rover had little to do with what it looks like now? Suspension etc.

Landys were a good idea, they just never evolved!

Yep, so land rover had little to do with what it looks like now? Suspension etc.

Landys were a good idea, they just never evolved!

:001_smile: i'm not going to disagree with you, and i know where you are coming from, :thumbup1: for me its been and proved to be a very sound investment, cool.

Saying that and then also thinking twice, have you driven one lately on a long drive let's say at a constant 80, ? they just sit there and do it.

Edited by Jesse
bit more info

:001_smile: i'm not going to disagree with you, and i know where you are coming from, :thumbup1: for me its been and proved to be a very sound investment, cool.

Saying that and then also thinking twice, have you driven one lately on a long drive let's say at a constant 80, ? they just sit there and do it.

No, not driven one for a while, I enjoyed the ones I had though:-) they were easy to work on:)

I,ve had mine 12 years, its a 98 and it has not let me down once. Ive just cut the back end off and replace the rear 3/4 with a brand new complete back end off a puma. The chassis was still good and could have had another 10 years in it, chassis's only disappear before your eyes if they are not looked after and things only break down if they are not looked after.

A "looked after" truck should not let you down, the defender must be one of the most abused vehicles for not servicing and working to death there is.......I think they have proved themselves beyond any doubt.

PS: I would not have one for pleasure mind !