Lewis Chainsaw Winch short clip

Steve Bullman

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I replaced the wire on my lewis winch with 6mm dyneema rope, which is much better in every way. BUT it did snap the main drum once, apparently it exerts more sideways forces onto the sides of the drum which force the sides apart and split the drum. Engineer told me to use a shorter length of dyneema than with the wire rope.

Ive got mine on a 441

I have used it a few times with a tirfor, i use the tirfor attached high up as usual to get the tree moving then i take over with the lewis which is attached lower for speed.

If you turn the volume up you can hear the swan mutter: "you throw like a girl" :biggrin:

Looks like a decent but of kit, but a touch pricey at £900!

What saw was powering it?

Not pricey when compared to a zollern muli ! Although not as versatile well worth the money😀

I've seen those in Greens (Hadleigh) and wondered if they might be a good investment. Looking forward to your next video Steve. Let's hope there's no slugs crossing the drop zone!:laugh1:

I've got one which you are welcome to borrow if you want to have a play before deciding.

Alec