Help to quote for this job

t0ny0k

It's been an interesting post. The variation of quotes has surprised me. I can understand if your busy and can take or leave the work. I could quote £1000 but I'll probably not get the job as there are plenty of bigger outfits who would come and get it done for that. Unfortunately we are not, so have to quote carefully and competitively to make a profit and win over the customer. In the future as we grow our prices will probably go up.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would quote it for 1200 .and the pay 300 for some Humpty to do job and make 900 quid without getting off my butt!!!!

Theres a bloke in Worthing who does exactly that!

He has quite a reputation but he only needs one job a week.

Who's the fool?:confused1::confused1:

Christopher Leyland and Edward Kemp, RIP what did you do .

No comments then ?, when you think the two have been responsible for creating a monster tree species which has cost people in the UK a fortune over the years to try and maintain and paved the way for many travelling communities, Great tree , or money tree as i like to call them. :001_smile:

:thumbup1:

I find it ironic that forum members think this an unrealistic price, yet work for peanuts themselves?

From jesses posts he seems to run a high end well equipped small established company with new equipment. Perhaps there's a lesson in there :wink:

Spot on :thumbup1:

No comments then ?, when you think the two have been responsible for creating a monster tree species which has cost people in the UK a fortune over the years to try and maintain and paved the way for many travelling communities, Great tree , or money tree as i like to call them. :001_smile:

I wondered what that post was about! Back in the UK at least 2 of my working days a week would involve these blighters. As either hedging,removal or just topping.

Can't say I enjoyed them but certainly kept the wolf from the door.

I think also they are underestimated as a great site for nesting birds, they seem to be largely magpie proof.

I wondered what that post was about! Back in the UK at least 2 of my working days a week would involve these blighters. As either hedging,removal or just topping.

Can't say I enjoyed them but certainly kept the wolf from the door.

I think also they are underestimated as a great site for nesting birds, they seem to be largely magpie proof.

In the context of the Powys estate you can understand the reasons for its development as an architectural feature. Those trees landscaped against the backdrop of Leighton Hall would have looked quite impressive, nothing like the sad images that tell the tale of an individual's plight with a money eating monster tree as the one we see in the photos of the OP. I always when asked to trim or top these trees just recommend removal and go into great detail as to why, including subsidence risk if its present and suggest much better alternatives as replacement trees. Made a lot of money on them over the years and I am now noticing a lot less of them are around, what will we all do when they are gone. :001_smile: