English Polish Romanian HGV Drivers

Ruskins Trees

While not strictly related to thread but similar theme...

Given strength of pound recently and after poor service from a UK machinery dealer I thought I'd see what price I could source spare parts for some of my machines from dealers in Europe. End result was I received twice the number of parts for two thirds the price and service was excellent.

I like to support local dealers as much I can, however when UK dealer is 3 times the price for same parts then no thanks... and if parts are three times the price then how much is a new machine from same source??

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not knocking English drivers / workers, there are masses of brilliant ones but this seemed to be a good example of the higher prevalence of workers with better attitude from eastern Europe than found in English ones.

Somehow our society in recent years has produced more poor workers (especially attitude) than previous.

When you think what the United Kingdom achieved in the past few hundred years, with a small population, the decline is stunning.

i'd agree. I've had the pleasure of working with a number of Polish guys several years ago, they were mostly excellent, with the odd below par worker, in contrast to my experience with english workers who are mostly below par with the odd exceptional worker standing out, sadly the ratio is ever dwindling!

We had a Latvian truck come to pick up some machines the other day,He spoke no English what so ever,im sure he was a realy nice chap,But after he took his Volvo fh and trailer down a track I wouldn't go down in a land rover,then spending 4 hrs trying to get him unstuck,I realy think the companys that employ these drivers should at least give them some training before sending them round Europe with nothing but a sat nav at rely on,

I don't care how good they are, I wouldn't employ them!! Overcrowded bloody country

It's like rabbits - put them in an enclosure and they'll breed until there's too many for the available vegetation to feed. That's why China went harsh on it, would be another billion over there now otherwise.

I employ Romanians. Good honest hard working lads that do what i ask, when i ask to the standard I ask.

They all pay tax and NI and are paid exactly the same rate as UK workers (ie. they are definitely not cheap labour)

I can't find UK people willing to do the work. The ones I get are feckin useless for want of a better description. A nearby employer in the same game as me described the UK folk that turned up as the dregs of humanity, I'd say he was being kind.

All this crap about foreigners coming here and stealing UK jobs is nonsense. UK workers at the lower end of the pay spectrum don't want to know.

I employ Romanians. Good honest hard working lads that do what i ask, when i ask to the standard I ask.

They all pay tax and NI and are paid exactly the same rate as UK workers (ie. they are definitely not cheap labour)

I can't find UK people willing to do the work. The ones I get are feckin useless for want of a better description. A nearby employer in the same game as me described the UK folk that turned up as the dregs of humanity, I'd say he was being kind.

All this crap about foreigners coming here and stealing UK jobs is nonsense. UK workers at the lower end of the pay spectrum don't want to know.

Our benefit system has a lot to answer for in that respect. When someone on benefit doesn't possess or want a cooker because he can afford to eat out all the time then there is something wrong IMO . Certainly some of the English workers only turn up because they are in danger of losing some of their handouts if they don't. Difficulty recruiting staff was why we originally employed foreign workers. They come over here to earn money so work as many hours as possible. Most work fairly hard but for us the standard is going down. Perhaps they are getting used to the English way.