Lancashire CC to charge for tipping Diy waste

egnsean

I'm just watching waste men at the minute on bbc 2 it's quite interesting actually. Granted it's Newcastle council not LCC my county council, but it's surprising the efforts they go through to sort waste

They're very good round here to be fair and it's not long before they're out with a wagon collecting it all up which also probably makes it less of a dilemma for anyone considering doing it.

It's not great but I can sort of understand why some folk would do it, I just wish they'd do it on their lane and not mine :thumbdown:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've lived places where it's been free to tip stuff and there's plenty of fly tipping. I currently live in an area that has a free 'green' waste bin and still people love to tip mowings over a neighbouring hedge and dump rose prunings in the local forestry car park. Will charges greatly increase fly tipping?

Also to note, in Lancashire they also charge an anual fee of 25.00 per green bin, if you dont pay they dont collect your green waste

My understanding is its £50, any one too stupid to compost their grass clipping deserves an idiot tax, IMO :001_smile:

My understanding is its £50, any one too stupid to compost their grass clipping deserves an idiot tax, IMO :001_smile:

Not sure how much grass you have but just on the area I want to collect I'd have a mighty big compost heap even at this time of the year :confused1:

Not sure how much grass you have but just on the area I want to collect I'd have a mighty big compost heap even at this time of the year :confused1:

Just build a box (pallets work well) keep heaping it up, IME the pile soon sinks, by the start of each season last years cutting have virtually disappeared.

Better still cut weekly with mulching deck.

It just goes to show how different it is from one authority to the next. I am in West Lancashire - we don't (yet) pay anything over and above the rates for green bin collection.

Our local tip closed and so it is now a 20 mile round trip with admin permits required in advance for quite a wide range of waste. It is a household recycling centre but, as others have said, it is badly abused by trade waste being delivered by the allowable car.

It just goes to show how different it is from one authority to the next. I am in West Lancashire - we don't (yet) pay anything over and above the rates for green bin collection.

Our local tip closed and so it is now a 20 mile round trip with admin permits required in advance for quite a wide range of waste. It is a household recycling centre but, as others have said, it is badly abused by trade waste being delivered by the allowable car.

I believe one large house locally has 14 green bins, but its a big house so £700 per year may not be an issue.

Just build a box (pallets work well) keep heaping it up, IME the pile soon sinks, by the start of each season last years cutting have virtually disappeared.

People don't want compost heaps in there garden anymore they live in small spaces and don't want the mess.

You need a compass to find your way across ours:lol:

I piled it up for about 6 months when we first moved here, never again - stinking pile of filth :001_smile: