Which tracked chipper to go for TW190 or Jensen 530

GJT

I dont have a horse in this race, I have TW tracked and tow, Dosko now relegated as a spare , Schliesing in the barge , TP on the mog and a Morbark WTC , I think they are all much of a muchness , they all have their quirky design faults and niggles . I am not blind and the subby`s I use have some of the chippers mentioned on previous pages. One has the Greenmech 9" tracked chipper that works on the banks, that thing makes our TW look a bit lame and definitely out performs it. Another contractor has just purchased a Forst. I am really impressed with the build quality and lack of plastic on that, another has a big vermeer and that too is a brute, the fan on the vermeer can get the chip to the headboard of the bulkerbin in one hit which is a long way, with all the others you have to shovel it forward. Shows like the APF really dont help because there is way to much choice but I do like the look of that Forst so I will be watching how that behaves over the coming months.

Bob

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jensen hands down!!! Always look for price, quality, reliability, backup service that know the machinery they sell. And last a popular machine one you can sell on quickly when you ready to replace. Jensen Timberwolf and Schliesing you can't go wrong. I have had the opportunity to be a dealer for all these brands and more. Also I will do a trade in on any of the three. I will not do a trade on any copy's! But the one I will recommend is Jensen A530

One of the reasons I didn't rate our A530 was the angled hopper that angled back towards you if you know what I mean, i.e. it wasn't a fold down hopper like the forst or the 150's. From people who have used both do you think this makes a difference? We did look at changing the hopper to one that folded down but traded it in before hand.

One of the reasons I didn't rate our A530 was the angled hopper that angled back towards you if you know what I mean, i.e. it wasn't a fold down hopper like the forst or the 150's. From people who have used both do you think this makes a difference? We did look at changing the hopper to one that folded down but traded it in before hand.

had the 530 years ago and detested the angled hopper too!

Shouldnt you be compairing the tw190 and the A540...

I think the 190 will be a good chipper but do you have to walk behind it when tracking? And is it vari track?

I run a a530t and like it. The hopper is a pain at times but it is what it is, ive used one for last 5 years or so and think they are great esp on site clearance

Well thanks lads lots of different opinions and great advice. I need to get a tracked machine reasonably quickly but I don't have the budget for new so the TW and 530 seem to come up quite regularily for sale. That could be good or bad I suppose anyway. I'm planning on towing with a 130 landrover so don't want to go to a nine inch machine as might be to heavy with chip and all. Had tow alongs all greenmech and that was limiting, but also been used to mog and 10inch pto. So concerned that the six inch might struggle with some aspects of our work. As always want the world on a plate with a limited budget. My next question to you all is vari track is it really essentail??

The TR8 beats the 235 hands down.

Regardless of the build quality the TR8 has a three year warranty.

The key argument when getting a chipper is how much stuff you can get through it and out the other side and how much pre-processing has to occur. Guys queuing to ram stuff into the feed hopper is frustrating and costly. Had a brand new 235 and brand new TR8 along side each other on site.

Ordered a TR8 straightaway.

Well thanks lads lots of different opinions and great advice. I need to get a tracked machine reasonably quickly but I don't have the budget for new so the TW and 530 seem to come up quite regularily for sale. That could be good or bad I suppose anyway. I'm planning on towing with a 130 landrover so don't want to go to a nine inch machine as might be to heavy with chip and all. Had tow alongs all greenmech and that was limiting, but also been used to mog and 10inch pto. So concerned that the six inch might struggle with some aspects of our work. As always want the world on a plate with a limited budget. My next question to you all is vari track is it really essentail??

I would never have a tracked chipper if it was not Vari tracked. My 150 VTR has been through gaps in to jobs that a tow behind or non Vari track would fit. I have just ordered a TW 230 VTR and am looking forward to owning one of the most versatile choppers on the market. 2 speed tracking, 800mm wide, 230mm infeed opening etc, Etc. if you have a Vari track you will use it.