Trying to buy a stump grinder from UK dealer.

David Cropper

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

David I do believe it was me, I was extremely busy Friday trying to prepare Four machines to go out tomorrow. I apologise as I have been waiting for an email but have nothing, my mail is [email protected]. If you have sent an email can you resend it & I'll sort today. Sorry.

We're looking forward to seeing two.. :001_tongue:

Its always a worry when your trying to spend money and people don't get back to you, because what on earth will they be like once they have your money and you have a warranty issue?

But as others have said people are busy and under pressure, plus they will be contacted by vast numbers of dreamers who take up large amounts of their time and then disappear.

It's like this, I do my normal day which averages 10 hours, I try to contact most of you lot all day but your up trees or working chainsaws etc. You then get home & try & catch up with calls, emails etc to me which is my second shift mostly combined with Arbtalk, running our company FB page etc.

We deal with American & Canadian equipment mostly who are 6 hours behind us which is my third shift. When I'm demonstrating or installing machines, unloading containers, washing & polishing machines it is difficult for me to answer the phone.

Some days this week I have had 5:30am starts to deliver machines to Somerset & back in a day, most days I finish after 6:00pm & on my days off like today I have been to work to load Two grinders for early delivery tomorrow then onward to install a new tracked machine, after this I will try & catch up with missed calls, enquiries & emails again..........

Dean is one of the good guys to deal with, for me that list is short in comparison to the long list of pain in the backside dealers etc we have to deal with. He always seems very busy and I'm surprised how much he gets done and helpful he is.

I've had about the lifetime of a young man in the industry, 25 years, in that time i have had a few problems, questions, queries, purchased a lot of machinery and sold a lot . In all my time i have never found anyone to be as passionate, knowledgeable and helpful as Dean, if Dean does not get back to you there is a sound reason, he will in time, the man is passionate about all things that destroy wood, and in providing the best service possible. He is also totally reliable . I am a naturally very suspicious pearson, trust no one, normally, i first started fruiting with Dean some years ago and was very impressed back then with his passion for stuff, he was the first to introduce the concept of a swivel grinder in the uk, look how far he's taken that, just ask stump busters ! back then i also tried to get him to import me a Jo Beau as i was having all sorts of problems trying to buy one from within the uk. Eventually i had to pay top money and buy through vermeer who really did not want to sell me one, and Jo Beau would not sell me one direct or to an unauthorized dealer . Now Dean is the appointed uk sales rep and is punching the Jo Beau concept forward, he has also managed to get Jo Beau to drop their prices, the same grinder now a Jo Beau B31-110 has just cost me nearly 2k less than i paid with Vermeer almost 2 years ago. Hats off to Dean and Global and Jo Beau for changing dealers to someone who shares their passion. :thumbup:

Like you guys, occasionally too, we suppliers screw up when we drop something through the gaps unintentionally. Top marks for Dean fessing up and trying hard to put things to rights.

We, (and that includes just about everyone), live a hectic work life and do screw up! And that can effect both our professional and personal life!

We do not ignore anyone intenionally but time and technology can get in the way. Last week, I missed three calls and two texts for three days until the phone burped them out!