Arbor trolley

jjll

Hi,

I've had the AT for a year or so and found it very useful on certain jobs.

I've got one issue with width.

The overhang on the wheels is forever getting caught on gateways and causing the pin and washer to pull out and fall off.

Some gateways are just too narrow for the wheels to fit.

I'm thinking about cutting the tubing on the wheel down so it is level with the trolley sides and drill and bolt the wheels on the inside as I don't ever take them on and off.

I'm sure it's been designed to spread the load evenly on the axels and wheels but is it really going to make much of a difference in carting loads?

Cheers for any help

Rather than make a mistake that leads to buying expensive replacements. Can you get a couple of rims to experiment with.

I don't have an arb trolley but I assume pins in the outside prevent the rolling rim sliding off the end?

Would it be better to drill a hole in the axle centre then thread it and hubcap it with a bolt and washer?

This may weaken the axle load rarting.

Post a photo then we can work it out.

Ok, I was just browsing the internet for a photo to describe it.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1428440331.144960.jpg.4d4f75b415ade5395d35b858d5fd3e74.jpg

This is roughly where it would be cut back to if not a little further.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1428440378.704856.jpg.a293ca51d88383ba7e27ca43b1e4a862.jpg

You can see from this how much it overhangs, very little, but surprising how it always gets caught and causes the pins to come out.

The wheels I have are symmetrical so I could drill and bolt somewhere around the arrow and this would still keep them locked into place.

I came across some new wheels on fr jones which seem to have a smaller centre tube but, wouldn't fully solve the problem as the axel bar will still stick out. Also I don't fancy spending the best part of £100 on a new set.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Ok, I was just browsing the internet for a photo to describe it.

[ATTACH]180101[/ATTACH]

This is roughly where it would be cut back to if not a little further.

[ATTACH]180102[/ATTACH]

You can see from this how much it overhangs, very little, but surprising how it always gets caught and causes the pins to come out.

The wheels I have are symmetrical so I could drill and bolt somewhere around the arrow and this would still keep them locked into place.

I came across some new wheels on fr jones which seem to have a smaller centre tube but, wouldn't fully solve the problem as the axel bar will still stick out. Also I don't fancy spending the best part of £100 on a new set.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

HI MATE just use a LARGE SPIT PIN thanks them R CLIPS NO GOOD thanks jon :thumbup:

As far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong. The blue wheels fit the original arbor trolly to replace the normal Inflatable wheels. And the orange ones are for the newer model that comes with hard wheels as standard. Might be worth checking if you do consider buying as I don't think they fit the same.