ibc cages

farmboy3

Those stacks are nothing compared to my Posch Packfix nets.

Did fresh cut Birch and Sycamore at the start of the year.

They look rather drunk.

I will get a picture, so you can laugh

Haha please do and Ill try and match it with another stack that's up on the hill that's in a bad way.

VI I will had over your winnings if I can lend your spirit level :laugh1::laugh1:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got parcel cages, three fixed sides and two "stable doors". They are on wheels as well. Split logs straight into them through the top, load them into my 40ft container kiln with a forklift and push them around on the wheels. They hold about 2 m3 per cage roughly .9 x .8 x 1.9 high and we stack load them out the top.

Cost me £45 each when citilink went bust. Got 40 of them and the kiln holds 20.

I've got parcel cages, three fixed sides and two "stable doors". They are on wheels as well. Split logs straight into them through the top, load them into my 40ft container kiln with a forklift and push them around on the wheels. They hold about 2 m3 per cage roughly .9 x .8 x 1.9 high and we stack load them out the top.

How do you unload them

We open the top door and load by hand into tall barrow bags. 95% of what we sell is in multiples of barrow bags. Then open the bottom door and do the same.

If need be we could tip it onto its side in a trailer and then lift it out with the forklift loader but I hardly sell any loose logs. Or just put cage upright into trailer and open doors! It all just falls out then! Handy things, doors! Lol

Correct me if I'm wrong but .8 x .9 x 1.9 = 1.368m2? I do

Like the wheeled idea though if you're kiln drying

Correct me if I'm wrong but .8 x .9 x 1.9 = 1.368m2? I do

Like the wheeled idea though if you're kiln drying

Yes sorry, wrong dimensions...0.9 x 1.2 x 1.8 = 1.95m3

Cut the tops out so we can load through the top and the logs are then above the top section when full.

citylink%20cage.jpg

The wheels save a hell of a lot of time shifting the logs about in the kiln, and we can rotate the stock easily so as we sell stock, we can move new stuff into the kiln and rotate everything up by the fans for a period of time. Before, with potato boxes, we had to unload the whole kiln if we needed stock and the dry ones were always at the end near the fans, the furthest from the doors.

I've got a major case of cage envy! What I couldn't do with a few of those...

We use ibc cages, they're pretty cheap locally because dairy farmers use them then drive a pallet fork through the tank by accident.

We had a similar difficulty with 'shuffling' the cages in the shed. I bought a bobcat to help with that - no logging operation should be without one!