Sale Rep for Stump Grinding

Stefan Palokangas

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob i got screens towards the cab behind the toolbox, wood boards will be towards the toolbox, It's not completed yet, there is still quite alot to do, i have plywood boards in the garage that needs to be fitted on somewhere without looking unsafe. There is also an issue i might need to put some steel frame up behind the cap with mesh for safety, i will see what the garage says next week, but that could be good for to tie things on to it.

I have never done stump grinding as a company before, so i guess i need to improve while i go along.

I cut up some wood for driving the machine if it's a nice garden, i don't want to leave machine tracks on grass, and could be handy if i need to climb some steps. The screens i need to order one more so i can cover the full machine like a circle, i don't like when the stump chips spreads out everywhere. Also when driving on a drive if you turn it to fast it leave rubber marks so boards can be good there. Been looking on videos on other stump grinders and i notice it's quite messy, one guy did a work in a graveyard with a grinder and it was chips flying in to flowers. So i think if i can get a reputation to be very very tidy and take the most of care of peoples gardens i might get word of mouth going faster.

Sod ply, splash out a bit more and get stock board (the black plastic stuff) initially more expensive but virtually indestructible and won't splinter or soak up water, easy to clean off and flexible to mold to ground contours.

Sod ply, splash out a bit more and get stock board (the black plastic stuff) initially more expensive but virtually indestructible and won't splinter or soak up water, easy to clean off and flexible to mold to ground contours.

good tip, had some ply for carrying woodchip in a trailer and it started to warp, that stockboard stuff, had I known about it, would have been a better buy

from a supplier 'The product is extremely durable, flexible and comes in a 3 thickness's, being 6mm, 9mm and 12mm thick.

We are also able to produce 18mm thick' solwayrecycling