Stihl Ms362C-M or Husky 560xp?

foureyes

I wasn't saying either one is better, just that the op's question isn't fully answered after 35 posts of shouting from either side....

As I said its a huge step from his/her current ms181, so I'd thought its perhaps not going to be worked too hard?

For firewood I'd say 365x-torq BTW, most bang/buck by far, nil-cost upgrade to 372 spec, proven rugged, reliable design and cheaper and more powerful than either mentioned above.

How's that done?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the smaller bar mount of the 560XP, it therefore results in a more nimble and agile saw, even with a 18" bar and matching H25 (.325") chain.

However the 562XP model has the larger bar mount, and therefore a change to 3/8" chain makes more sense.

The MS362 has inherently the larger bar mount, making it an unwieldy tool with the 18" bar like on ours, therefore preferably not the first tool for running around with in the forest.

Our MS 362C-Q has been reliable over the years so far, with exception of the C-Q right-hand brake, that freezes in winter and gets stuck in wet cleaning areas. So we regret buying the saw with that option, rather we should have gone for the heated handles option.

The MS362 is not as popular around here as the Husqvarna 560XP, and we bought our 60cc Stihl before the 560XP came out on the market here.

If we were going to buy a 60cc saw today, we would pick one with heated handles, and probably the one with the lowest price tag on it.

Buy a Makita 5121 promo outfit.

Search the recent posts on the subject from Duncan R for more details.

They're made by Dolmar and are less prone to 'hassles' than the Husqvarna and Stihl units (allegedly).

Oh and they're just over 300 snots to buy. Bargeeeeeeen.

There aren't many pro saw designs that has had as many "hassles" as the Dolmar PS-5000 family (mainly the 5100S and the early 5105s) - but it seems to be a time of the past by now. :001_smile:

They are heavy for 50cc saws though, and aren't very nimble saws to handle.

Dont buy a 560, as proven by people who use them for flat out cutting they fall to bits, mine did, guy i worked with, his did! 362 is not as good as the previous 361 that was a good saw.

Dolmar 50-60cc saws seem better built and cheaper, if they are half as good as my 2003 7900 then youl love it! I used a 365 the other day and could nt tell much difference from the 372 so thats a more expensive option.

dolmar 6100 looks an exellent deal :thumbup1:

There aren't many pro saw designs that has had as many "hassles" as the Dolmar PS-5000 family (mainly the 5100S and the early 5105s) - but it seems to be a time of the past by now. :001_smile:

They are heavy for 50cc saws though, and aren't very nimble saws to handle.

Somebody slap the record player please, the bloody needle is stuck in the same groove again!

With the smaller bar mount of the 560XP, it therefore results in a more nimble and agile saw, even with a 18" bar and matching H25 (.325") chain.

I regard the .325x7 setup on many European sold 560xp saws as a bad joke - and it obvoiusly isn't making the most out of the availiable power.

A change to 3/8" (or .325x8) is in order. :biggrin:

...and try some chisel chain (21LPX/H21 in .325, or 73LPX/H42 in 3/8").

• 2 weeks later...