Wasps

Dean Lofthouse

dean,

when i got home my wife insisted i call the out of hours docs at the hospital,good job too because it was infected and i was about six inches away from four days of intravenous antibiotics,dont take it lightly if its still swelling get it sorted

Thanks for the info , It is quite swollen, if it's got any bigger in the morning I'll get it sorted.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info , It is quite swollen, if it's got any bigger in the morning I'll get it sorted.

Antihistamine's what you need; got some Piriton? Good idea to carry it in your First Aid kit, especially as reactions can (but don't always) get worse with more stings.

Antihistamine's what you need; got some Piriton? Good idea to carry it in your First Aid kit, especially as reactions can (but don't always) get worse with more stings.

Our lass gave me some when I got home doing her nursey thing :001_tongue: I would have made her put her uniform on but they are not as fetching these new ones

hi got 2 stings on the chin last week in an apple tree i was out the tree like a bullet. Is it me or are there more wasps about this year, I worked in a garden about half the size of a tennis court this week and 4 wasp nests they seemed to be to busy fighting each other to bother me. I had to kill 1 as I was stump grinding an one nest was about 4 inches from the stump.

I turned the HT75 round and gassed them with the exhaust fumes from a distance, but how come they never attack anything non organic, they wont attack the equipment just flesh.

You'd think they would go for a heat source

1,sting its gone to your head all this h&s stuff , a glass of fire water will sort you my boy:001_tongue:

i had a giant wood wasp come out a privet hedge i was cutting today scared the hell out of me, nearly fell of my ladder, it was huge and making a lot of noise, i couldnt decide if it was a hornet to start with so took evasive action with the rake and got it pinned down, so i could see it better, fantastic little beastie

Holy cow, how do they get that big??

I have this image of a corge with wings:scared1::scared1:

My mate got stung badly when he cutting near a nest and a few flew into his Stihl jacket with the velcro sleves done up. He didn't realise they were done up and tried to take it off, somehow the velcro locked off and he ended up running around the garden like a lunatic, swearing and flapping his jacket.