Forestry felling

Logrover

Did arb for 10 years, it not as physically demanding, you get free tea, cake etc. Earn more, spend it on too much uneccecary kit which then gets nicked while your trying to explain the what tree the customer has to them! Got Old and bored of that, wages mean nothing if you don't enjoy it. I love for forestry and u need to be the right person to do it, seen many arb guys come and last a few days. Basically large tree felling course will teach you to fell without a massive ungainly bar, it's not ax men here!

Reading the men mud and machines book sums up the type of person for the job even now :001_tt2:

It,s just fantastic been in the woods, challenging a lot of the time! But spending so much time surrounded by nature make me happy .:thumbup:

Could make much more money doing other stuff and not be happy.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did arb for 10 years, it not as physically demanding, you get free tea, cake etc. Earn more, spend it on too much uneccecary kit which then gets nicked while your trying to explain the what tree the customer has to them! Got Old and bored of that, wages mean nothing if you don't enjoy it. I love for forestry and u need to be the right person to do it, seen many arb guys come and last a few days. Basically large tree felling course will teach you to fell without a massive ungainly bar, it's not ax men here!

Reading the men mud and machines book sums up the type of person for the job even now :001_tt2:

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1424897877.062103.jpg.0de0b8a0254a3be7b5e293c7aef04ac0.jpg

Some big old hairy sikta I cut my teeth on straight after passing my large fell course. 👍

Nice felling spruce pirate,, its a nice feeling walking away from neat rows like that ,, that is as long as you never wedged them all ,,

Cheers, hardly wedged any. :thumbup:

Smart work and beautiful surrounding. :001_smile:

It's a nice spot I when the weather's good, covered in snow the last couple of days and the road like glass this morning though. :thumbdown:

Some dirty rotten Sitka butts to remind you of the good times shavey.

I don't mind clear felling but Sitka thinning for continuous cover you start to feel the will to live edge over as another hangs up.

[ATTACH]177320[/ATTACH]

Felling to the head, much better than processing hairy beggars.

Those are beautiful sites - flat and driveable! Come to rolling devon; I have to sing "Glory glory what a hell of a way to die x3, we aint gonna winch no more" to keep hoping that one day I'll see the back of a winch!

Here's some steep slope logging pics to restore the balance!

No stacking, timber rolls off regularly despite stumps left to hold, every single tree has to be turned round, lovely!

Agreed :biggrin: oh and if you don't see a Robin by lunch it's bad luck so off to the pub, Ermm I ve seen one every day without fail :lol:

haha, very true about the Robin :thumbup1:

2014-07-05-388.jpg.a27b0283fc303e353282ce5abdf46b13.jpg

201020142916.jpg.6d5abc4072a727a552d77c851c741be4.jpg

171020142900.jpg.a703173bf0d775399995740363c6aa52.jpg

071120142967.jpg.92f1d984e422ace15b013c818b70238d.jpg

230920142861.jpg.d3bb15cc3cd46f6ce3c4245cfe1501da.jpg