Show me your...

Klaymeb

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few years ago I watched Nick Hilton of Woodwise slab an old oak butt at the Weald Woodfair and we remarked on the blue stain. As Nick slabbed off more we watched the stain grow until it ran with ink. He stopped and set about the area with wedges and axe and came out with a horse shoe that was minus the nail holes. It looked like a farrier had gone to shoe a hoss some 200 hundred years ago and hung this shoe on a low branch then forgot it!

If found the usual gate hinges, shrapnel, musket balls and electricity wires in growing trees.

Back in the early nighties, I had recently joined the team, when we had a very rushed visit from Special Branch and a veritable army of Boys in Blue. Road blocks were errected, police tape unfurled.

This in relation to some of the guys having found behind a Tree, a plain looking sports bag, in relatively deep secondary woodland, about 30 yrds away from the highway.

One of the guys took a peek and froze when the realisation hit him that what was starring back at him, was wiring, timers & a generous ammount of Semtex !

This was back around the time of the London Stock Exchange bombing, the Police were suitably concerned.

For once, no pictures I'm afraid :sad:

Mate was cutting down an old pollarded Ash stump, and kept hitting metal.

He eventually bust into the cavity with a felling axe, and found a Lee Enfield .303 rifle with ammo and 4 Mills bombs. Well rusty, reckons it must have been stashed by a demobbed squaddie in 1945.

The feds wouldn't let him keep any souvenirs!

• 1 month later...