Test on wirecore flipline

Steve Bullman

the other thing to take into consideration is a wirecore is less likely to be snagged without you realizing....due to its stiffness you can generally tell where its positioned on the far side of the trunk just by looking at the portions that you can see. this cant be said for rope lanyards i dont think

oh and thanks monkey....remember this particular video was shot by bob though

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good thread! very good of Bob to take the time and trouble.

Personally I never use a wire core, always use rope strop with my life line by my knees,touch wood,never cut my strop in 14 years,but I always check my strop position before making the cut.

If you don't notice the metal on metal contact with your wirecore, then your going to have a bad day.

If you don't notice the metal on metal contact with your wirecore, then your going to have a bad day then your a numpty, metal on metal is the worst feeking ever

ivenever used a wire core before.maybe i should do.im always very carefull of where my rope is,would using a wire core make you more complacent

I've worked with a few old school climbers who've been climbing 15 plus years who don't use wirecore lanyards they are just awesome to watch.

So I don't think you need one to be safe.

I personally use one because I find it easier to flip up stems and manipulate, with less chance of getting snagged.

What annoys me though is this idea that if you have a safety device like say chainsaw trousers or wirecore it will make you complacent as you are lulled into a false sense of security.

There is no excuse for complacency full stop, just becasue a wirecore has steel in it is no excue to go cutting near you line or checking its position.

But I understand what you mean NFC.

to me a wire core is easier to flip and another last line of defence. keep everything outta the way and everything is fine fine fine.

if you did clip the pole strop i'd hope you'd feel the chatter through the saw, sparks or the vibration through teh strop / harness.

nice video

Jamie

Very good thread! very good of Bob to take the time and trouble.

Personally I never use a wire core, always use rope strop with my life line by my knees,touch wood,never cut my strop in 14 years,but I always check my strop position before making the cut.

Ditto. My strops wear out before they get cut...

I always put my lifeline by my knees aswell, but I choke it back on itself.